Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What You’ll Do
- Build tools for GPS tracking and sensor fusion
- Implement directions APIs and the timing of turn instructions
- Triage bug fixes
- Work with our sales team and assist priority customers directly
- Create the future of our Android SDKs
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Creativity and discipline
- Experience coding in Java, Kotlin, and/or C++. Espresso, Retrofit, and Material Design
- Ability to recognize the time scale involved in mobile development and deployment, in maintaining APIs, and engaging communities around code
- Strong interest in open source
- Excited by the future of mobile and how it’s defining the new tech ecosystem and to be part of building the mobileexperience for the next billion users
- Desire to learn and to teach
- Open-minded to explore new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms