OUR CLIENT IN WASHINGTON,DC IS A GLASSDOOR 2018 EMPLOYEES' CHOICE BEST PLACE TO WORK!
Our client in Washington, DC is seeking an Android Engineer (Kotlin).
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Work on a five-star Android app as part of an agile, cross-functional team that includes product, UX and design.
- Build mobile features that leverage native capabilities such as geolocation, push notifications and on-device payment.
- Have an impact on the needs of customers that rely on them daily
- Join a culture that empowers you to take ownership of a feature from start to finish across the entire stack.
- We use the latest tools for native development as well as bleeding-edge full-stack technologies. Node, React, GraphQL, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS.
- And Slack. We love Slack
- You are passionate about building native apps that users can't live without.
- You have 3-5 years of experience in native Android development. You know Kotlin is the future of Android and are excited about working on a Kotlin-only app.
- You are proficient in Android tools like Android Studio and are familiar with Google guidelines and services, including Material Design and Firebase.
- You've been a part of agile software development teams and know all about daily standups, sprint planning and retros.
- You've built RESTful JSON APIs before and know your way around GitHub and unit testing.
- You understand common Android architecture design patterns like MVP and RxKotlin.
- You've used common Android 3rd party libraries such as Retrofit, OkHttp, and Dagger.
Other qualifications my client is looking for:
Your "entrepreneurial" spirit drives your bias for action.
You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup.
You are motivated by disrupting the norm.
You have a great sense of humor and take your profession seriously, but not yourself.
You are all about constructive feedback ? you can dish it out and you can take it.
My client offers these exciting benefits: *
Competitive salary + equity
Full health, vision and dental coverage
Open paid time off
An awesome office in the heart of DC