Quartz is an ambitious and fast-growing global business news brand. Our mission is to create high-quality global business journalism that thrives in the digital age. This is a serious opportunity to redefine the news reading experience, and you will work on a large number of fun and challenging problems as the site and team grow.
- Professional experience building Android application with Java. It would be great if you know Kotlin as well
- Ability to implement/maintain custom UI components, component orchestration and network accessing classes.
- Ability to use Git(hub) is essential. You should be comfortable branching, merging, creating pull requests, and reviewing the code of your peers.
- We practice Agile development, and you should feel comfortable working this way.
- Written and verbal communication skills are a must. You should be able to communicate with both technical and non-technical colleagues. Experience writing documentation is a plus.
- Our team solves problems together, with creativity and collaboration. You should feel comfortable asking for help when you're stuck and listen with compassion when your fellow colleagues ask the same of you.
- We adopt new technologies carefully, with an eye for stability and reliability. Tested code is the best code.
Nice to have:
- Need to understand MVC, MVVM, MVP and Cleanarchitecture and know pros/cons of them in order to apply in production code.
- Experience with CI/CD of mobile app and integrating it into a team’s workflow.
- Experience with iOS app, web frontend or backend development
- Experience with AWS, Docker and middlewares such as nginx
Quartz recruits talent for two salient attributes or qualities:
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Quartz work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, and giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Quartz seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Quartz writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
Quartz Media LLC is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.