How You'd Make An Impact:
- Native Android Development. You will develop and implement mobile applications, middleware, and frameworks. You’ll utilize your expertise in Native Android & Java development to create robust and scalable high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly. You will be building modern user interfaces as well as engineer complex solutions that run directly on the mobile device.
- Collaborative Team Player in an Agile Environment. You will implement and operate the infrastructure for Solera’s next generation platform in a fully tested agile model. You will engage as part of an agile engineering team to deliver an end-to-end consumer facing proposition. This involves collaborating with BA’s, Product Owners, Designers, and third party development teams in person and remotely to deliver a resilient, scalable mobile platform.
- Passion for Technology. You’re a champion for innovative, agile, development practices and are inspired by exploring technology, experimenting with the latest innovations, and tinkering with the latest trends to create amazing new solutions. You will support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives keeping up to date with technical trends and present for architectural review.
- 3+ years of experience in similar technology development environments to ours
- Extensive experience architecting and building out native Androidmobile applications from the ground up
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile work environment
- Experience of B2B and B2C solutions
Critical (80) Technology Requirements:
- Strong experience building native Android applications
- Strong Background in Java
- Solid understanding of Android application life cycle
- Proficient in fundamentals of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience integrating with third party SDK’s and server-side API’s
- Strong understanding of Android SDK, Design, & Development paradigms
- Strong understanding of web services, HTTP protocol, and serviceoriented architecture
- Develop, implement, and unit test systems and components of mobile applications
- Maintain, support, troubleshoot, monitor, and optimize existing and future mobile applications
- Strong comprehension of MVC and /or MVVM design patterns
- Knowledge of GIT
- Experience with REST web service framework
- Experience with push notifications
- Integration with mobile analytic SDK
- Strong Mobile Experience design
Desired (20) Qualifications:
- Experience with Native iOS application development
- Experience with server-side Node.js development
- React.js, React Native
- UI/UX Design
- Experience with Unity3D is a big plus
- Be accurate and deliver quality, have a roll up sleeves attitude.
- Excellent collaborative team player with communication skills to match.
- Adaptable and flexible meet demands. You are relentless and passionate to get the job done.
- Pro-active – you take responsibility and own the solution within a collaborative team environment.
- Work well under pressure and thrive in a demanding environment. Excellence is an expectation.
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues.
- Intellectually curious – prepared to challenge and be challenged.
- Understand the importance of creating highly readable and easily maintainable source code.
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry.