Job ID 539613BR
Would you like to create apps that millions of users around the world get to experience? Do you want to pioneer state-of-the-art technology to enhance the visitor experience in some of the happiest places on earth?
As an Android Engineer, you would be part of a team of developers in designing and developing code and modules for our mobile applications that are used by Guests in our parks. . As a key part of the digital media arm of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, you’d collaborate with visionary professionals across many areas of the company.
You will also apply practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications of moderate complexity. You will focus on coding at the component level and work under minimal supervision.
You would enter an Agile environment creating technology as a member of our technical projects.
Every day as an Android Developer is different! On any one day you might:
- Explore big-picture engineering strategies;
- Meet with a major technology or product partner;
- Participate in daily scrums and regular sprints;
- Release a new app
- Participate in making key technology decisions;
- Wow people over big data;
- Work to keep the crash rate low and the ratings high;
- Evangelize the notion of delighting the user;
- Act autonomously for day-to-day activities; and
- Plan your next trip to a Disney Park for in-park testing
- 3+ years of software development experience with a minimum of 2+ years of Android development experience;
- Experience developing user-facing applications across Android devices and platforms
- Experience developing using agile software development methodologies
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles, design patterns, coding best practices and mobile applications platforms
- Analyzed user stories and participated in sprint planning, scrums, demos and retrospectives;
- Integrated mobile application codes with back-end services;
- Participated in peer code reviews
- Strong knowledge of Java, Kotlin, Android Studio and Google Frameworks
- Solid debugging skills and a passion for building high performance software
- A sound understanding of HTTP and REST-style web services.
- Experience integrating with backend systems and web services through Json
- Experience with Mobile Backend as a Service (mBaas) is a plus
- Experience with mobile application accessibility is a plus
- Experience with analytics frameworks is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with colleagues and partners in several different geographic locations and time zones
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and a strong desire to be challenged technically
- Confidence and ability to perform effectively and make decisions with minimal management oversight.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent substitute.