Do you dream of using technology to provide millions of homes with entertainment? Do you love mentoring others and getting your hands on cutting-edge products well ahead of the public? We believe it’s fun to do the impossible and are looking for the brightest technical engineers to help us change the way the world watches TV.
On the Digital Media Technology team at the Disney|ABC Television Group (DATG), we build high-traffic, best-in-class applications and services for mobile, desktop, and streaming media platforms. The Android Developer is part of a group of passionate, collaborative professionals. We’re surprisingly nimble for a large organization; you’d have the opportunity to work on many different projects and collaborate with imaginative people every day. Join a world that includes sun-drenched offices, team outings and events, and flexible work environments.
Every day as an Android Developer is different. On any one day, you might:
- Help enhance apps and services for ABC and Disney through reliable and maintainable code;
- Pilot software on new technologies;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across our mobile platforms;
- Analyze and optimize application code focusing on efficiency, reliability, and performance;
- Solve problems by collaborating across multiple teams, from product to design;
- Share findings with other teams in an open environment;
- Solve user-experience problems across multiple platforms; and
- Enjoy a flexible work space and schedule!
- Develop object-oriented software and applications for Android’
- Use Kotlin for mobile development;
- Follow software engineering standards while adapting to new technologies;
- Experience with unit test frameworks, continuous integration systems and documentation of engineering solutions;
- Handle contending priorities in a dynamic setting; and
- Stay ahead of the latest development practices.
- JSON, XML;
- UI/UX and TDD or BDD development;
- Accessibility standard methodologies and security standard methodologies;
You have aBachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent workexperience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.