We are seeking an Android Developer to join our Managed Video Apps group, which is responsible for creating and shipping mobile television experiences that are used by millions of customers each and every day. On our team, we value close collaboration with designers, testers, product managers, and other developers across the organization. While the primary responsibilities will include developing features for Android apps, you will have opportunities to contribute to all aspects of the products. You are encouraged to pick up new technologies and languages quickly, be a great teammate, and be able to adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building native mobile applications that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale. Note: We are currently working remotely and will be following a flexible hybrid model in future. This role is also open to fully remote or virtual US-based candidates.Job Description
- Designs Android mobile applications on both phones and tablets, supports applications under development and customizes current applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to resolve integration needs.
- Contributes to code reviews and merges.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry.
- Works with senior level Software Development Engineers for guidance, receiving feedback from code reviews, and implementing best practices.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance to work and meetings.
Attributes for Success
- 3+ years of Android development experience, preferably on apps that have been approved for release in the Google Play Store.
- Experience writing and reviewing code in Android development languages, including both Java and Kotlin.
- Knowledge of HTTP and RESTful web services and caching, especially in HTTP compliant caches.
- Experience with Android specific libraries, frameworks, and dependency management.
- Exposure to architectural styles and patterns is a plus.
- Involvement with build deployment, test app distribution, and CI/CD.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows standard methodologies.
- Experience with the full software development cycle: product specification, design, implementation, QA, release, operations, and maintenance.
- Strong passion or interest in video streaming applications.
Comcast Engineers are enthusiastic about teamwork, growing their skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. We are fortunate to do what we love, every day! Join us!Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.Education
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Bachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience