Job Title: Android Developer
Location: Framingham, MA
In this role, you will be a senior software developer for the Client Devices/IoT Engineering team in Retail, working on new initiatives and customer facing apps in the copy and print space.
- The position will report directly to a Senior Engineering Manager and will interface with the Business for requirements and status of projects. This is a hands-on development role with expectations of core development and technology leadership.
- Work closely with Product teams, business teams and other areas to understand and contribute to the execution of projects in the copy and print space
- Assure execution of projects by delivering assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Ensure projects are deployed on time with little to no downtime
- Instill a level of confidence in technical knowledge in order to suggest and deliver solutions
- Understand and help execute the technical roadmap, including adjustments based on a dynamic business environment and priorities
- Provide technical leadership by helping to establish best practices, recommend design patterns, identify opportunities to refactor code, oversee project execution and mentor team members
- Provide quality solutions/applications, evaluate technologies and provide reference implementations
- Understand business requirements and make technical design decisions that fulfill them
- Participate and perform technical design reviews and code reviews
- Work with Business Analysts, Product Owners, Product Managers, Business Owners, QM Analysts, and Application Support Teams to understand all stakeholder requirements
- Embrace, recommend and apply new technologies as needed
- Gather deep technical expertise in all mobile areas as they relate to Android platform including but not limited to Android and Android Internals.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7-8 years of related technical experience
- 5+ years' experience developing enterprise level applications
- 5+ years' experience with Object oriented development using Java
- 5+ years' experience with Android development, tools, technologies and related OS and Dev Ops functions.
- Understanding of Java
- Android Studio, Retrofit, Gradle and Android OS
- Understanding of API's and some retail systems knowledge
- 5+ years of experience with development of Native Android apps on the platform
- Able to provide thorough test coverage using JUnit and Robotium tests
- Experience with web service stacks, REST and/or SOAP
- Solid understanding of tiered software architecture
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate using strong verbal, written and listening skills
- Must be able to adapt quickly to change without being afraid to take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced team environment while being self-directed, proactive, and action-oriented
- Ability to come up with creative technical ways to resolve complex application and system issues
- Must be able to work across a diverse group of people within the team and across multiple business units and multiple groups within each business unit
- Excellent diagnostic, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.