We are looking for an Androiddeveloperresponsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Focus on content delivery.
- Must be able to work as part of a small team and have good communication skills.
- This position will be part of a small team responsible for implementing technology
- Will be involved in all phases of a project, from developing requirements, design and coding to project delivery.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related computer field;
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Androiddesign principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Knowledge of JSON, Hibernate and Persistence;
- Successful applicants will have 1 – 2 years Android programming experience
- Problem solver
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing technical environment
- Basic web skills (HTML, CSS), JDBC and complex SQL query development are preferred