Job ID/ Req. Number184505
We are looking for anAndroidDeveloper to help maintain the existingAndroid applications, and to guide development of the next generation ofmobilebanking at Citizens Bank. The right individual for this role must be capable of building applications inAndroid, using modern UIarchitectures. You should be comfortable with application coding and UI creation based on design and UX team specifications, and also be comfortableworking withnetwork protocols such as JSON RPC, SOAP, and ReST.The candidate must be a top-notchAndroiddeveloper committed to becoming an integral part of, and fostering growth within our development team. The ApplicationDeveloper isresponsible for the development, implementation andsupport of individual applications, including analysis, detailed design, development/coding, testing and implementation of the components. Experience with BackBase Ominchannel developmentlanguage is a plus.Primaryresponsibilities include:• Working with the development lead, documents and develops best practices for development, and deployment of applications, andworks with members to foster growth within the team.• Reviews and/or certifies code of others• Develops programming guidelines/standards and makes them accessible to otherprogrammers• Predicts application development requirements based on changes in underlyingarchitecture• Either individually or leading a team of resources, determines hardware/software systems requirements and leads systems hardware/software design. Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs,supports, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local,networked, orInternet-related computer programs.• Partners with the IT Architect during the initial stages of the project/solution to ensure the accuracy of business cases and that the solution will meet the business need.• Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• 4+ years of Android development experience, 6+ in Java, ideally in a team lead role
• Must be able to build production quality applications. Include portfolio of your projects with resume.
• High level skills in Java and Android, using the latest SDKs and tools and frameworks such as RxJava
• Ability to develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application that meets the defined requirements (business, system performance and standards)
• Demonstrates deep expertise in specific coding concepts and/or languages, especially around modernmobile application architectures.
• Experience with web applications that use responsive design to better supportmobile browsers.
• Experience in highly-secured online environments that use n-tier designs and extensive firewalling to enhance security. Experience interfacing with back-end applications using MQ, SOAP, RESTful services, and JSON.
• Exposure or knowledge of Backbase omni channel development language a plus.
Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
• Bachelor’s degree or 10-15years IT Experience in lieu of Degree