$80K — $100K *
Are you excited about eliminating non-violent crime and fascinated by the potential for technology to accelerate it? Do you want to help build a company that’s solving crime every day, while creating public / private partnerships, and protecting the privacy of individual citizens?
Flock Safety exists to eliminate crime from our communities. We believe that safety starts, not when you enter your home or even your property, but when you enter your community. We are stronger when we all work together and that's why Flock Safety developed technology specifically designed to help private citizens and local law enforcement work together to stop crime.
While safety is serious business, we still think there is some space for having fun. We call Atlanta home and are well funded by YCombinator, Matrix Partners, BedRock Capital, and Founders Fund - and we're growing.
Some challenges you’ll tackle
● Create and maintain the development infrastructure including continuous build environments, continuous integration, continuous deployment, testing platforms, dedicated test hardware, and test automation frameworks
● Build, scale, automate, and secure our software build and deployment infrastructure, focusing specifically on the Android/Linux environment
● Design highly reliable, redundant and fault tolerant software OTA delivery pipelines delivering multiple releases daily targeting up to tens of thousands of devices across the country
● Champion the importance of Build, Test and Release as part of the development life cycle
● Coordinate with Product Engineering to ensure compliance of software processes and validation of outputs
● Increase development velocity through automation of processes such as branching, merging, versioning, tagging, and release cutting within an Android/AOSP context
● Extend build environments to support new product lines, new product variants, and new target system architectures within and outside of AOSP
● Troubleshoot and debug build issues with a focus on resolving problems quickly with minimal impact to developers and live devices
● Have a professional background in software build and release technologies within a software development, technical industry or research environment
● Have managed and customized build environments for multiple AOSP based products via manifests and makefiles.
● Have extensive knowledge of and experience with the AOSP build process and associated tools including, repo, soong, ninja
● Have familiarity with tools and structure of modern Android applications written in Kotlin
● Have extensive experience using source code management tools such as: Gerrit, Git, GitHub/GitLab, ClearCase, SVN, Perforce or PVCS to perform operations such as branching, merging and labeling
● Have experience writing automation scripts for build and release processes using scripting languages such as: Groovy, shell scripting (Bash, Powershell), Python or Ruby
● Have extensive experience configuring builds within continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity or Bamboo and supporting development teams using the tools
● Have experience using build tools such as: Gradle, Maven, Ant, CMake, Conan, Buildroot or Bitbake to compile code and generate reports
● Have experience configuring, using and maintaining test reporting and static analysis tools such as: Coverity, SonarQube, FindBugs, Checkstyle, PMD, Clover, JaCoCo, Valgrind or Bullseye
● Have experience configuring and using artifact management tools such as: Artifactory, Docker Registry, Conan, npm, Nexus
● Have experience in the provisioning and deployment of cloud based compute resources in the context of supporting scalable build infrastructure. Have exposure to cloud storage systems (preferably S3) and relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL) utilized in storage of software update packages and their accompanying metadata
Valid through: 12/16/2020