- Hires, trains, and develops Benefit Analysts specializing in ancillary product lines. Coordinates team workflow, case assignments and develop new processes.
- Educates leaders, producers and account management on the "cornerstone (preferred) carrier" strategy and process.
- Communicates on a monthly basis with Account Management team leaders to identify all groups with upcoming renewal decisions that could significantly impact regional financials.
- Uses BenefitPoint plan data to closely monitor all ancillary new business and renewal activity.
- Oversees the process of marketing and illustrating carrier quotes for dental, vision, life, disability and worksite products with select carrier partners.
- Acts as an ancillary product expert resource for Sales Executives to develop strategic plans and solutions for prospects and clients.
- Provides guidance and support to benefits analysts and account management when large scale ancillary carrier service issues arise.
- Raises the awareness of financial opportunities and risk related to the placement and renewal of specific ancillary business to local leadership.
- Monitors the qualification requirements for ancillary carrier bonus programs for the region including total premium dollars, new business growth and persistency.
- Works with local and regional leadership on the forecasting of contingent and supplemental revenue.
- Work with other regions and corporate to share and implement best practices, tools and processes to improve the overall client experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years experience in Employee Benefits related field. Previous experience in sales or operations with an ancillary product line carrier is preferred. Must have a strong working knowledge of broker compensation structures with ancillary carriers.
- Ability to manage a team of associates.
- Ability to influence others (leaders, producers, account managers).
- Must hold state Life & Disability insurance license or willing to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to set priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate deliverables.
- Ability to manage and negotiate multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Able to maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Strong functional knowledge of Excel specific to creating, formatting and evaluating formulas and working within templates. Must be proficient in Excel, Word and otherMS Office products along with Adobe products.
- Ability to travel 10-20%.
Job ID: 1701