- Definition of product requirements and market opportunities, which will fulfill development of product strategy and roadmap. Deliverables for product planning include functionality, regulatory and technology roadmap, new and maintenance release content, market data and other product planning deliverables as identified.
- You will drive the implementation of the corporate business strategy with accountability for product profitability. This includes utilizing knowledge of market analysis, competitive analysis and win-loss information to build the following for the product: business plans, positioning, pricing, demonstrated return on investment and promotion.
- Assist in analyzing and recommending potential strategic partners and crafting complementary products and services.
- Maintain successful relationships with third party hardware and software vendors. Owns the strategic relationship with Data Innovations. Responsible for conducting business reviews, providing input into the product roadmap, ensuring cross company coordination, handling critical issues, coordinating marketing tactics, supporting technical interfacing discussions, etc.
- Accountable for assuring product success through the lifecycle including the following: organizing and leading product planning, phase review and operational preparedness across all involved departments. This includes acting as the product owner in an agile development environment.
- Build and update a three-year strategic plan for each product line and present the strategic plan to executive management on a periodic basis.
- Accountable for producing product deliverables used for sales training and collateral required to market and sell the product.
- In conjunction with marketing communications, accountable for marketing plan development and successful launch of product/service into the marketplace.
- Support and management of client focus groups, special interest groups, and presenting at the annual user group meeting as a product and market subject matter expert.
- Accountable for customer relationships and product value that results in positive client happiness ratings. (Client happiness ratings determined via a third-party survey vendor.)
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Domain knowledge in the anatomic pathology laboratory space preferred.
- Product knowledge in laboratory information systems, digital pathology and/or Sunquest CoPathPlus desired.
- Customer oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to influence others and work collaboratively to produce results across multiple functional teams.
- Ability to manage and execute on multiple, critical projects simultaneously and drive high priority activities without losing sight of the overall product strategy.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to lead cross-functional team meetings and facilitate client meetings, product strategy meetings, and product development requirements sessions.
- Identify product and process innovation opportunities.
Training and Experience
- MBA and/or Masters in Information Management/Engineering/Computer Science preferred. Bachelor’s Degree a minimum.
- A minimum of 3 years of product management experience ideally within the healthcare information technology industry.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Experience with successfully executing defined product business plans that have improved market share and revenue.
- Solid understanding of product management / marketing processes and tools.
Physical requirements (any specific physical attributes or limiting factors to be accounted for):
Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards; substantial time is spent working on a computer. Moderate travel.