At Sonos we are passionate about creating and delivering our customers the finest home audio system in the world. Our products stream all the music on earth, in every room, wirelessly, and you control it all from the palm of your hand. We are a growing global company and streamlining every aspect of Operations is key to our success. As the Sonos Anaplan Business Partner, you will play a key role in helping Sonos build a competitive business and product Operations Team by equipping it with industry leading planning and forecasting capabilities.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the technical vision for the Anaplan platform at Sonos and serve as the architectural SME for its connected planning solution
- Apply your experience in business process and technology to work with leaders in the various areas in Operations to articulate and translate their processes into Anaplan – ensuring requirements and expectations are aligned before modeling begins
- Bring both a breadth and a depth of understanding of how existing and future models and data sources integrate and work effectively to provide a truly connected platform
- Translate existing solutions, spreadsheets, and business problems into accurate, efficient and easily maintained multi-dimensional Anaplan models
- Modify existing models as part of a connected solution, optimization, or to incorporate new functionality
- Develop model documentation
- Participate in data integration and migration solutions
- Participate and/or lead UAT testing and deployment
- Serve as a mentor and source of technical expertise to build the Anaplan skillset within the Center of Excellence. Provide feedback and guidance to the Super Users in each of the operational functional areas
Skills You’ll Need
- Relationship-oriented person; detailed and decisive with an ability to communicate effectively, look ahead and have experience working extensively with both internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a formal system implementation methodology – requirements gathering
- Subject matter expertise in planning and modeling in Supply Chain, Finance or Sales strongly preferred
- Anaplan Best Practices guru – foreseeing common pitfalls and driving for best practices
- Advanced Microsoft Excel / financial modeling skills
- Strong understanding of data integration (inbound and outbound)
- Passion for business analytics, modeling and planning
- A results-oriented approach and a demonstrated capability to apply analytical problem solving techniques.
- A 4 year degree in Finance, Accounting or MIS
- 5+ years of business consulting/implementation experience with multi-dimensional systems such as Cognos, Hyperion, Business Objects, TM1 etc. or spreadsheets
- An ability to influence others through style, personality and subject matter expertise.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with an ability to balance business and technical objectives in decision-making. You are able to make sound business decisions in the absence of perfect or complete data.
- Music lover, not a required trait, although you will have more fun!
Key attributes of our ideal candidate: someone who...
- Focuses on quality
- Demonstrates perseverance and integrity.
- Is curious and pursues continuous learning and an opportunity to apply their knowledge
- Takes initiative and strives for innovation.
- Is self-aware, candid, and transparent.
- Has a passion for growing and developing others