We are looking for someone to build a performance analytics system for our AFCI/Ironman program. In the short term, you'll focus on cost minimization, efficiency improvements, and early detection methods. In the longer-term, you'll broaden the scope to include remote anomaly detection, categorization of power electronics performance, and remote diagnosis for many device families. Some level of power electronics experience is preferred.
Excellent candidates will be capable of designing a complete and complex framework, system or product. Additionally, the person filling this role will interact directly with the business intelligence team to design data systems and applications that quantify performance losses and diagnose the underlying causes.
A strong analytics background is expected, and an understanding of data systems and database structure will be important.
- Demonstrates expertise with data systems & analytics tools (Tableau, Power BI, R, Pandas, etc.)
- Firm understanding of relational database concepts.
- Proficiency in query creation for SQL & NoSQL query languages.
- Experience in internal application development.
- Experience gathering user requirements and feedback - translating user experience to technical requirements.
- Demonstrates broad-based software experience.
- Works on problems of diverse scope, where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises excellent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in their own area of expertise.
- Solves complex technical problems and evaluates PV and power electronics performance.
- Uses all resources at hand, internal and external, to apply the most appropriate problem-solving techniques.
- Documents solutions and trains other team members.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Influence:
- Ensures that knowledge and information are appropriately communicated.
- Encourages collaboration by engaging others in problem-solving.
- Collaborates company-wide on cross-functional, cross-divisional teams.
- Adept at working directly with customers or customer representatives to discuss technical matters.
- Works independently, providing leadership for some project elements.
- Develops and recommends solutions for problems of diverse scope.
Creative Thinking and Innovation:
- Applies diverse experience from multiple projects to solve problems, benefit the project team and/or develop new technical roadmaps.
- Looks for innovative ways to improve operational methods to align with SunPower's values.
Impact and Results Focus:
- Delivers results that positively impact productivity and quality of finished work or product.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of project scope and logic, including economics and relationship to needs of SunPower’s customers.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in a STEM field and 4+ years of related experience or M.S. Degree and 2+ years or Ph.D. and 0+ years
- OR an equivalent combination of education and years of related experience