Analytics Support Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Our client is one of the largest global financial services firm, and a recognized banking institution worldwide.
They are currently looking for an Analytics Support Engineer to join their operations in Jersey City, strengthening the internal department responsible for the delivery of market data and intelligence to the business departments.
- Support a tick store platform consisting of high performance Linux systems, direct exchange feeds, and a market data platform built in KDB+.
- Monitor the production environment, implementing production changes, providing resolutions to production issues, addressing outages and liaising with front/middle-office staff.
- Partner with tech teams across the company’s various platforms to ensure high quality of service
- Troubleshoot complex integrating and data flow issues in the Linux environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 5 or more years’ experience in the investment banking environment, supporting a system built on KBD+ platform
- Extensive hands-on experience managing a production environment and release, change and incident management
- Strong experience in RedHat environments and fine-tuning performance, including kernel fine-tuning.
- Perl or Python scriptingexperience, ideally both
- Knowledge of supporting large KDB platforms(or comparable i.e. One Market Data) which store large volumes of market data
- Experienceworking with direct feeds such as Bloomberg or Reuters
- Hands-on experience with monitoring system
- Understanding of NUMA architecture based systems
- Familiar understanding of the TCP/IP stack, various routing delivery mechanisms, and switch and routing topologies