Spredfast is looking for an Analytics Strategist to join our fast-growing Social Strategy Team.
The Strategy Team’s mission is to drive revenue growth and improve customer retention through strategic client engagements that showcase the platform’s capabilities and help customers connect with the people they care about most.
The ideal candidate possesses excellent domain knowledge of social/digital marketing, is highly analytical and enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The Analytics Strategist will be responsible for managing and executing analyses to evaluate social content performance, identify notable trends and insights in the social landscape and uncover opportunities to improve social marketing performance.
This role will also assist with the development of research-backed social media marketing playbooks, establish channel-specific KPIs for measurement programs and execute paid social media optimization analyses.
A successful candidate will have solid analytical instincts and a passion for using social media data to inform marketing strategy. They are the perfect blend of art and science – bridging the world of analytics with strategy and execution. They understand both and can lean on each depending on the project needs.
- Counsel customers on establishing goals and translating marketing objectives for social media analytics reports;
- Analyze trends and innovations in social media measurement models and tools;
- Collect, analyze and interpret both organic and paid data to generate reports that provide a visual representation of social media campaign performance and insights;
- Develop succinct reports that convey complex concepts and findings in a digestible format for non-technical audiences
- Apply best practices for measuring campaign performance across all of the major social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.).
- Stay connected and in sync with remote team members supporting adjacent projects for the same customers
- Gather and analyze information from multiple data sources, ensuring data is reliable, using technical expertise and tools to uncover insights, statistics and trends;
- Responsible for downloading raw data reports that chart customer KPIs and provide insight and analysis as to what the numbers mean for the customer’s daily operations as well as long-term strategy;
- Inform the roadmap of Spredfast products that facilitate measuring performance and impact, and be an internal champion for analytics and paid media optimization at Spredfast;
- Facilitate the productization of Strategic Analytics Services at Spredfast; and
- Serve as a research and analytics Subject Matter Expert in customer meetings and at external events.
- At least 5-7 years experience in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations or statistics;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Solid understanding of Boolean query construction and experience with Social Listening Tools is preferred;
- Experience with social media platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and more;
- Demonstrated experience in creating and executing measurement reporting and optimizing of paid media campaigns on behalf of a brand or media company;
- Excellent project management skills and are highly organized;
- Work efficiently, are dependable and have an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to manage tasks with varying degrees of ambiguity;
- Comfortable working with a team of other social analysts or working independently;
- Experience with advanced paid media measurement, media planning and media mix modeling a plus;
- Strong grasp of paid offerings on major social networks, including ad units, objectives, targeting and campaign best practices a plus;
- Experience with analytics tools or related programming languages (e.g. Tableau, R, Python, etc.) a plus;
- Experience with statistical analysis software a plus (e.g., R, SAS, etc.); and
- Moderate travel will be required.