Job Description : This Enterprise Business Services (EBS) Software Engineer Sr position is responsible for developing, modifying, testing deploying and maintaining applications in support of the Space IT Analytics team. This software developer position will be a member of the Space IT Analytics staff, working closely with the Space Analytics program manager, functional manager and project leads. Day to day activities will include working with team members on a wide array of Analytics initiatives and tool suites.
Work location is at one of three Lockheed Martin facilities - Littleton, CO; Sunnyvale, CA or King of Prussia, PA.
Off hours support for this position may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Periodic travel to Lockheed Martin Space sites may also be required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Successful development, testing, deployment and maintenance of Analytics applications, incorporating agile and DevSecOps methodologies and concepts
• Documentation preparation to support software life-cycle requirements and reviews
• Ability to estimate assigned tasks and work assignments
• Usage of the standard tools and technologies utilized for the development and maintenance of Analytics applications
• Adherence to corporate data policies, standards, procedures, tools and technologies
• Knowledge and compliance with the Internal IT Process (ITTP)
• Works closely with the Space IT Analytics program manager, functional manager, and other technical leads to ensure alignment with both the Space IT Analytics and the broader Space Business Applications strategy and objectives
• Production support of the Analytics applications, in which off hours support may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Periodic travel to Lockheed Martin Space sites may be required, as well as the ability to work in a virtual environment.
• Providing technical leadership and mentoring in the adoption of Analytics tool suites and concepts
• Ability to present project status, concepts and overviews
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Demonstrated understanding and experience with full life cycle development and sustainment, leveraging a disciplined engineering process for both implementation as well as Operations and Maintenance
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to apply technical principles to complete assigned projects
• Ability to manage and deliver multiple, critical business applications
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and team building abilities
• Track record of being a self-starter and strong independent contributor
• Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and requirements
• Proven ability to successfully operate in an interactive local and virtual team environment
• Demonstrated ability to establish strong team relationships and deliver exceptional customer service
• Experience Relational and NoSQL Databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server MySQL, PostGres, SAP HANA, MongoDB, HBase, or others
• Full Stack Development experience from end-to-end utilizing DevOps practices
• Experience with Restful Services and Web API’s
• Experience developing application interfaces, translations and transformations
• Frontend and backend algorithm development
• Demonstrated business acumen and ability to balance technical requirements with customer needs
• Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries to leverage best practices
• Working knowledge of Space and EBS Technical Operations processes, tools and technologies, as an example the IITP (Internal IT process)
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughe