Location: will consider anyone on the East Coast
This is a Senior Director of Customer Strategy in the Decisioning Practice. This role requires deep experience Decisioning, Personalization and Testing/Experience Optimization marketing. This role leads the overarching Analytics and program strategy for the Decisioning Practice. This role has four main components:
- Program Strategy: Engaging with a client’s marketing team to help diagnose fundamental opportunities within their customer portfolio, understand advanced cloud marketing, personalization and AI capabilities derived from an integrated marketing-ad-tech stack, review industry and competitive research, and guide development of direct and digital acquisition, conversion, adherence and advocacy marketing programs and strategies to inform media planning and creative execution.
- Vertical Industry Thought Leader: The strategist will develop POVs and thought leadership on where the industry is now and where it is going – being aware of trends – and potential implications on the client’s business.
- Client Leadership: This role is a “trusted advisor” role to senior marketing clients that will be as an extension of the client team. You will champion the vision of customer-centric marketing, provide leadership & advocacy in running a disciplined planning process across numerous stakeholders. This role requires attention to detail, passion for data and marketing evidence, and the ability to connect strategic initiatives quickly to stay several steps ahead of a diverse, cross functional agency and client team.
- Business Development. Support business development working in partnership with a Client Partner to meet with prospective financial service clients to present Merkle fully integrated solutions.
This position requires a deep understanding of our clients to lead:
- Development of New Business: Supporting a Client Partner to represent Merkle Solutions within a relevant industry context.
- Business Context and Objectives: Works with the client to understand and define both the future and current state of business objectives and key success metrics and KPIs.
- Strategy Solution Development: Developing marketing and strategic planning solutions communicated both in writing and in person through presentations.
- Data, Analytics, Segmentation: Working knowledge of digital and databasemarketing strategies including the use of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data and how this data can be used to drive targeted and personalized programs.
- Marketing Research: Understanding how to use both quantitative and qualitative research to better understand customer needs – and how to extend that knowledge into targeting and messaging.
- Portfolio Optimization: Using segmentation to understand customer value and needs, to inform investment strategies and planning.
- Customer Engagement Planning: Designing a messaging architecture, positioning prisms, providing insights into media and channel usage and customer journey mapping.
- Measurement, Testing and Optimization Analytics: Working with the analytics team to develop a measurement framework to measure program and campaign effectiveness, as well as designing testing strategies to prioritize testing investments to support marketing optimization.
- 8+ years of combined experience in Decisioning, Personalization and Testing/Experience Optimization marketing. Working knowledge of marketing across all addressable channels: (Traditional – direct mail and email, Digital - Media, Search, SEO, Paid Social, Owned, Earned, Website, Mobile); databasemarketing agency experiencepreferred
- 4+ years agency or consulting experience preferably testing, optimization, artificial intelligence and/or machine learning
- Databaseportfoliomarketing acumen including an understanding of CRM marketing.
- Campaign management / marketing automation
- Marketing analytics
- Artificial Intelligence: Machine Learning
- Strong deck development, client engagement, and communication skills
- Ability to deliver crisp messaging both internally and externally to influence a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to sell ideas and vision with passion and conviction – derived from industry knowledge and “best practices”
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Ability to travel (assume travel may be as high as 30% for the role; 35% if remote)