About the role
Zillow is currently seeking an Analytics Manager to lead user acquisition efforts within Zillow’s Business Analytics Team. Our team is tasked with absorbing billions of rows of data from dozens of sources, organizing them, visualizing them, and analyzing them to help inform both short- and long-term decision-making. As a manager on our team, the ideal candidate is both a leader that empowers their team and a ‘roll-up-the-sleeves and get it done’ technical expert in analytics related to paid marketing and user acquisition. Once you’re here, you’ll lead a team of three tenacious analysts who focus on SEO, SEM, Mobile Apps, Paid Social, Digital Advertising, TV Advertising. You’ll help guide their efforts while also providing valuable insights as an Individual Contributor yourself.
- Lead and inspire a small but might team of analysts and push Zillow’s Marketing Analytics efforts ever forward within our competitive space.
- Coordinate with other analysts, big data and machine learning engineers, product developers, and marketers to develop a common language and approach to analyzing and communicating information and insights.
- Work with leaders in marketing, product, and analytics to compile robust data sets describing Zillow’s user acquisition efforts to assess the effectiveness of our initiatives (in terms of on-site and in-app engagement) and to identify and size opportunities for new initiatives.
- Dive into Zillow’s internal data (think Hive, Presto, SQL Server, Redshift, Python, Mode Analytics, Tableau, R) to develop KPI monitoring tools, conduct segmentation and pathing analyses, analyze AB test results, and create forecasts for user acquisition and engagement.
- Evaluate and summarize the performance of user acquisition efforts in weekly, monthly, and quarterly meetings to keep existing efforts on track, measure progress toward goals, and identify areas for improvement.
- Work with stakeholder to fine-tune our approach to multi-channel modeling and to mold model outputs into tangible marketing strategies, goals, and targets.
About the team
Zillow Group’s Business Analytics team helps solve problems and derive insights for organizations across the company. Each team member focuses on a cross-section of the Zillow Group community. Our team structure is very flat. You will soon find yourself communicating directly with Senior Leadership. You will work with leaders to make important, strategic decisions influencing the future of the company.
Who you are
We’re looking for a seasoned analyst and manager that has: (1) the managerialexperienceto mentor, develop, and organize a team of analysts covering a wide range of business areas, (2) the technical skills to absorb and disentangle billions of rows of data, (3) the communication skills to work with a diverse set of partners to develop and implement multiple concurrent and complex project roadmaps, and (4) the tenacity to embrace and complete a challenging work stream.
- You have an Undergraduate or Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. science, engineering, economics, statistics).
- You have 5-7 years of work experience involving quantitative data analysis and complex problem solving (preferably focused on consumer-facing internet products and marketing).
- You have 2-4 years of people leadership experience.
- You have foundational analytical skills (e.g., total command of Excel and SQL, experience using R and/or Python) and are a Tableau pro.
- You are comfortable talking about methods used in media mix modeling, and can turn model outputs into actionable marketing strategies.
- You have worked with gigantic data sets and are comfortable accessing those data (even if they’re in JSON) with Hive and Presto.
- You have interacted with clickstream data (e.g., command of Google Analytics) and raw data ingested from paid marketing channels (e.g., Adwords, Facebook) and have derived insights from those data sources to positively-influence the business.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, and work well on teams of all sizes with representatives from a diverse set of technical backgrounds.
- You have experience successfully coordinating and leading large, long-term, multi-team, multi-disciplinary projects.
- You have a passion for what you do.