Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Analytics Manager- Managed Care Finance
Join one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic medical centers, UChicago Medicine.
The Managed Care Finance Department currently seeks an Analytics Manager to lead analytic projects, support and implement new and current health care delivery system models.
In this role, the Analytics Manager reports to the Director, Value Based Payment Models and serves in a leadership role in financial, clinical, and operational planning and analysis.
- Responsible for key financial performance and operational analyses to support development and implementation of new and current health care delivery system models
- Work with senior management, clinical leadership, and external stakeholders to develop innovative payment models, such as bundled pricing and capitation for specific populations, risk adjustment, and identifying performance improvement opportunities for selected populations and programs
- Responsible for ensuring program requirements are met
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Leads analytic projects to assess readiness and performance in value based and risk based contracts
- Facilitates the group process with senior administrators and faculty
- Perform sophisticated analysis including developing financial and operational models, evaluating environmental trends, core capabilities, and competitive profile and creating a gap analysis
- Develops Board documents and analyses as requested by Dean and CFO
You'll thrive in this position if you:
Deliver Results – you identify issues, problems and opportunities; recognize the need for improvement. You work with others to develop a sense of common purpose; understand different perspectives on issues; gathers and examines information available. You generate alternatives
- Create relevant options, including financial and resource implications, for addressing problems and opportunities. You select appropriate action
- Formulate clear decision criteria; evaluates options by considering implications and consequences; chooses an effective option. You commit to implementation and work with a sense of urgency and a bias for action to implement the decision.
Embrace Change – you treat change and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth; identifies the benefits and risks of change. You quickly modify behavior to deal effectively with changes; remains effective during times of ambiguity and uncertainty. You honor the need in others to ask questions; helps others overcome resistance.
Communicate with Impact – you focus on the message of others, provide undivided attention, and defer judgment. You convey messages logically, simply, and with confidence. You check for understanding by asking questions, seeking clarity and responding accordingly
- MBA or equivalent
- Five (5) or more years of related health care experience
- Record of successfully completing similar duties, demonstrating considerable knowledge of health care organizations, operations, finance, quality, program planning, and managed care
- Ability to develop insightful observations and recommendations for courses of action from the analysis of complex situations, and to relate those concepts clearly and effectively in both spoken and written form
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of administrative and medical staffs
- Ability to interact and facilitate among multidisciplinary teams to meet common goals and objectives
- Ability to work on data from various sources and manage multiple projects at a time
- Knowledge of external information sources and how to incorporate new elements into the knowledge base of a department
- Experience evaluating potential new products, services, and programs in the Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial value-based care environment
- Extensive knowledge of computer software; specifically, spreadsheet (Excel), database (Access), mapping (MapInfo), decision support, presentation (PowerPoint) programs.
- SAS preferred
- Strong aptitude for learning additional software
- Ability to teach complex concepts around software and hardware to users at all levels.
Job ID 2018-11590