This role supports a strategic vision and plan to drive volume, revenue, and margin with a focus on data-driven continuous improvement of in-store execution and service. The Analytics Manager will support process improvement efforts through thought leadership in the design and automation of data analytics workflows, analysis of the results, identification and implementation of corrective actions, and development of control plans. The team has adopted Agile methodologies where user stories or issues drive a large portion of the work. This role will identify and create these issues and user stories, investigate obstacles and solutions, and work to deliver simple, timely, actionable, relevant, and significant reporting to both internal and external customers. The Analytics team is comprised of individuals with diverse skill sets and levels of experience. No direct reports are assigned to this position. Location: This role is office based at our Rogers, AR branch. Interaction and Impact:
- The position works directly with the DSD Directors of Sales and Operations, National Account Executives (NAEs), Field Sales and Execution Teams, Bottlers/ Distributors, Revenue and Margin Management, and Category Management.
- The work will touch our full portfolio across Walmart and Sam’s Club, with focus on improving DSD (Direct Store Delivery) execution and service across categories such as carbonated beverages, tea and juice drinks, and premium/emerging beverages.
- The Analytics Manager’s work will impact and be utilized by a variety of Managers, National Account Executives, Directors, VP’s, and Senior Leadership within Dr Pepper Snapple Group. The role provides an opportunity to impact the entire organization and fosters direct leadership and development opportunities.
- Will identify and/or be assigned data-related issues and will work to generate and build solutions utilizing often large and complex data sets. Retail Link and RSI will be the primary data sources, along with tables and other information stored on a team SQL server and Analytics Data Warehouses.
- Create and execute methodologies to identify, report, analyze, track, and improve service and execution gaps by Store/ Geography/ Trademark/ SKU/ Distributor, etc.
- Merge data from multiple information sources to create and automate compelling and actionable reporting that drives results.
- Build cross-functional solutions in support of team objectives.
- Manages ad hoc work and assigned projects from start to finish.
- Create, maintain, and communicate daily, weekly, monthly and annual reporting as assigned for the Wal-Mart, Inc. sales team, the operations team, field sales and bottling groups. This role will be a Subject Matter Expert of Retail Link, RSI, Alteryx, Tableau, and other data tools/ programs over time.
- Create PowerPoint presentations as needed, especially to demonstrate workflows, analysis, and recommendations.
The Analytics Manager will possess superior data processing, reporting, and data visualization skills and will utilize multiple tools and information sources such as Excel, Access, Retail Link, SQL, RSI, IRI, Alteryx, Tableau, R, Python, Visual Basic, etc. Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or 5+ years’ experience in related field
- 3 years (minimum) experience in: SQL , R or Python , PowerPoint and Word, Excel , Access or otherdatabase software
- 1 year (minimum) experience in: Root Cause Analysis, Alteryx, Tableau or similar Data Visualization platforms, Retail Link, RSI or other Data Aggregator experience, Basic Project Management
- Outstanding communication skills. Listens and objectively considers others’ ideas and opinions, even when they conflict with one’s own.
- Analytical rigor with attention to detail. Demonstrates creativity, problem solving, speed, and accuracy.
- Manage assigned projects from start to finish.
- Proactively provide solutions, options, and insights on a regular basis through inference of business needs, often leading cross-functional work to address these needs. Combines ideas in unique ways or makes connections between disparate ideas; explores different lines of thought; views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches/solutions.
- Creates relevant options for addressing problems/ opportunities and achieving desired outcomes. Create self-focused solutions and action plans when obstacles arise.
- Customer-centric problem solving skills, including both internal and external customers. Implements effective means for monitoring and evaluating the attainment of internal and external customer goals.
- Accountable and highly organized.
- Takes advantage of available resources (individuals, processes, departments, and tools) to complete work efficiently; coordinates with internal and external partners.
- Examines numerous potential solutions. Formulates clear decision criteria; evaluates options by considering implications and consequences; chooses an effective option. Implements decisions or initiates action within a reasonable time.
- Eager to help, learn, and grow within the organization, taking on challenging or unfamiliar assignments and seeking to assist in projects to develop personal and team capabilities
- Adaptable with demonstrated ability to learn and apply new concepts, methods, and skills.
- Demonstrated strong influencing, interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral formats with executive level management, and all internal/external contacts.
- Proven exceptional ability to continuously work with multiple data sources to discover root cause and deliver options and solutions even with imperfect data or inexplicit inputs or output requirements.