EXL (NASDAQ:EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that helps businesses enhance growth and profitability in the face of relentless competition and continuous disruption. Using our proprietary, award-winning Business EXLerator Framework™, which integrates analytics, automation, benchmarking, BPO, consulting, industry best practices and technology platforms, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries.
EXL Analytics provides data-driven, action-oriented solutions to business problems through statistical data mining, cutting edge analytics techniques and a consultative approach. Leveraging proprietary methodology and best-of-breed technology, EXL Analytics takes an industry-specific approach to transform our clients’ decision making and embed analytics more deeply into their business processes. Our global footprint of nearly 2,000 data scientists and analysts assist client organizations with complex risk minimization methods, advanced marketing, pricing and CRM strategies, internal cost analysis, and cost and resource optimization within the organization. EXL Analytics serves the insurance, healthcare, banking, capital markets, utilities, retail and e-commerce, travel, transportation and logistics industries.
Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise.
May lead teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk and/or complexity
Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices.
Solves complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions where change is needed.
Works independently, with guidance in only more complex situations.
- Statistics / Mathematics / Computer Science – Quantifying evidence, understanding variation, and building computational tools
- Lead others to solve complex problems; use sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions
- Impact the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Use available inferential tools beyond their defaults, carefully applying options for non-standard situations (e.g., different distributions)
- Extend language constructs to solve specific patterns
- Use object-oriented programming constructs, including classes and functions
- Performs code reviews, serves as a referee for team code quality
- Data Analysis – Applying the right transformations to the right data in an acceptable amount of tim
- Ability to design simple databases and individual data structure
- Build datasets using advanced SQL
- Machine Learning
- Utilize predictive tools and best practices to accomplish objectives
- Shapes how own discipline/department integrates with other disciplines/departments and the broader function
- Actively solicits and listens to feedback to determine need for change or improvement
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to persuade a different point of view
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics or related field. Advanced degree strongly preferred
- 7+ years’ directly related analytical experience; 3+ years’ experience in a strategic analytics role.
- Statistics / Mathematics / Quantitative Methods – Quantifying evidence, understanding variation, and separating signal from noise
- Ability to extend language constructs to solve specific patterns
- Ability to create functions, objects, and unit tests
- Proficient in more than one language
- Comfortable using available inferential tools beyond their defaults, carefully applying options for non-standard situations (e.g., different distributions)
- Knows and applies countermeasure for statistical pitfalls
- Data Skills – Applying the right transformations to the right data in an acceptable amount of time
- Possesses more advanced knowledge of ETL and ability to create and populate database structures.
- Advanced SQL knowledgs
- Ability to design databases and individual data structure
- Knows multiple systems and their relevant differences
- Machine Learning
- Comfortable using common predictive tools and understanding of common best practices
- Specialized knowledge of multiple algorithms, including theoretical knowledge of how they work
- Ability to communication difficult concepts and negotiates with others to persuade a different point of view
- Skilled in “demystifying” analytics and communicating benefits as opposed to technicalities
- Capable of leading development of presentation logic and flow for entire documen
- Highly developed presentation skills and ability to tell “data stories”
What we offer:
- EXL Analytics offers an exciting, fast paced and innovative environment, which brings together a group of sharp and entrepreneurial professionals who are eager to influence business decisions. From your very first day, you get an opportunity to work closely with highly experienced, world class analytics consultants
- You can expect to learn many aspects of businesses that our clients engage in. You will also learn effective teamwork and time-management skills - key aspects for personal and professional growth
- Analytics requires different skill sets at different levels within the organization. At EXL Analytics, we invest heavily in training you in all aspects of analytics as well as in leading analytical tools and techniques.
- We provide guidance/ coaching to every employee through our mentoring program wherein every junior level employee is assigned a senior level professional as advisors.
- Sky is the limit for our team members. The unique experiences gathered at EXL Analytics sets the stage for further growth and development in our company and beyond.