That’s where you come in: we’re looking for an Analytics Lead to join as a member of the Marketing and Growth team to drive business changes by turning unstructured data into actionable recommendations.
About the role
As an Analytics Lead, you will
- Partner with product, marketing, and sales teams to help drive insights, identify opportunities, and understand behavior and long-term trends
- Mentor junior Growth Analysts in the team, promote a high standard for data quality
- Take a leading role in producing new datasets that unlock business opportunities.
- Manage the design and analysis of experiments; develop and socialize a rigorous culture of experimentation throughout the entire company
- Play a foundational role in building a data culture at Otter.ai through reproducible work, improved processes, and better tooling
- Develop hypotheses and test them with data, rather than solely or primarily attempt to glean patterns from the data already in front of us
- Define and monitor key metrics through consistent tracking, OKRs, and dashboards
You have experience driving business growth in an analytics role for a SAAS business. You understand the business metrics’ definitions, drivers, and implications. You enjoy deriving quantitative understanding of user and customer behaviors across different stages of their user journey (acquisition, activation, engagement, decision to pay, retention and expansion). You are obsessed with details and can easily identify the data discrepancies. You are looking for the opportunity to expand your current scope and own the full user journey analytics. You enjoy making business recommendations using data and data visualizations. You are an analytics leader looking to grow your responsibility by joining a fast-growing, well-funded technology start-up.
We expect you to have
- Bachelor’s degree required - ideally in Computer Science, Statistics, or related Technical field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience as a data scientist, data analyst, or data engineer
- Experienced in SQL, Python and Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard statistical techniques like significance testing, regression modeling, etc