The first person in this role wears several hats at Thimble. The ability to self-project manage and conduct stakeholder discussions, with the goal of gathering requirements to create technical solutions. The coding experience to implement these on a scalable data platform. The expertise to make the final output accessible in Snowflake/Looker in conjunction with a well-defined data dictionary and process documentation. In addition, the ability to learn how to administer our Snowflake Data Cloud instance (and other platforms).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Data Flows: Ensure that data flows accurately from all sources to Snowflake and meets established SLAs. Transforming our raw internal data into custom attributes for CRM systems.
- System Administration: Monitor the performance of Snowflake and introduce optimizations. Manage regular Airflow deployments and updates.
- Project Management: Gather business requirements and create technical implementations and end-user documentation.
- Reporting Automation: Create Looker Looks and Dashboards for internal and external audiences.
- Company Data Knowledge Center: Become a go-to expert around internal company data and train people on how to interpret the documentation and use Looker explores.
- Data Modeling: Active participation in data modeling and data structure design with the Product and Engineering teams.
- 4-6 years' experience in a similar role at a technology company – ideally with an e-commerce focus.
- Experience with Thimble’s current tech and data stack: Snowflake, Apache Airflow, dbt, Apache Spark, Looker, Appsflyer (Data Locker)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong SQL skills are a core technical requirement.
- Strong Python skills are necessary to succeed in this role.
- Prior experience with Spark required.
- Prior experience with event stream data is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistics and machine learning is a plus.
What you’ll do in 30 days:
- Understand Thimble’s product offering and differentiation
- Understand Thimble’s organizational structure, the function of each individual team, and how to operate together as it relates to your position
- Understand Thimble’s end-to-end purchase experience and product offerings
- Gain access to and become up-to-speed with our current tech stack and its setup
- Gain familiarity with Snowflake, Looker, etc.