At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for a dedicated Analytics Engineer to help us build and maintain production data models from raw data streams, define core reporting metrics, and build dashboards for strategic stakeholders and decision making.
Working within our modern data stack (e.g. Stitch, dbt, Snowflake, Sisense), you will help scale our analytic capabilities and enable data-driven decision making to support Plenty’s mission. Come be part of a passionate and dynamic team that is developing new technology from the ground up!
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners, data engineers, and data scientists to understand and solve data needs across the business
- Construct and maintain data pipelines that provide information about farm and business performance
- Identify gaps in data to enable development of sensors, hardware, firmware and data pipelines
- Nurture data integrity and improve data quality
- Improve analytics performance through query optimization
- Build interactive, intuitive dashboards and own reporting of key operational metrics
- Train and educate stakeholders on best practices for leveraging the datasets you create
What We're Looking For
- Experience building production data models in a warehouse context, preferably using dbt and/or Snowflake
- A SQL power user -- you can not only interact with a database but also design new schemata and derive new features from multiple diverse data sources.
- Lover of good data visualization, practiced with 1+ modern Business Intelligence platforms, and experienced in building and presenting dashboards for strategic stakeholders
- Experienced transforming and visualizing data in a scripting language (preferably R or Python)
- Familiar with a modern analytics tool kit: SQL, dbt, git, R, Python, BI Tools (Sisense/Periscope, ModeAnalytics, Tableau, Looker, etc.), GitHub, JIRA
- Highly adaptable and a creative problem solver comfortable with ambiguity and multiple priorities
- An exceptional collaborator with strong communication skills and attention to detail around documentation and reproducibility
- A lifelong learner that exhibits a growth mindset!
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- Make sure Equipment design is of a material suitable for food safety and designed in a way that is smooth and easily cleanable.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.