As the Analytics Director, you will lead a team focused on enabling Nike's journey to data-driven decisions and manage a cross-functional portfolio that spans the value chain of how we make, move, and sell products.
You and your team will need to supports leadership through various data modeling techniques to mine data for the identification of trends that suggest new business opportunities, defining core KPIs and working with tech to provide needed requirements for self-service reporting.
You will serve as an evangelist for the power of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis. You will think broadly and creatively about the role of analytics at Nike and about how your work can be used to drive change in the broader organization.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Strategy | Define, refine, and socialize strategic direction for Express Lane Analytics. Ensure alignment of Express Lane Analytics strategy with Express Lane strategy and with Analytics Council strategy.
- Insights Delivery | Dig into the details of the data and use various data modeling techniques to pull out relevant insights from the information. Focus on driving business impact and clarity around opportunities.
- Visualization / Storytelling | Communicate findings in a clear and concise manor. Focus on the so-what and leverage tools such as PowerPoint and Tableau to share with others. Develop a vision for how business stakeholders can access and understand your findings to ensure data-driven decisions.
- Portfolio Ownership & Operating Model | Implement portfolio strategy by facilitating the collection of analytics requests from Express Lane and the prioritization of those requests for 4+ advanced analytics teams. Translate requirements for advanced analytics team partners and align on value drops that are timely and feasible. Leverage deep analytics expertise to iterate closely with each team. In particular, ensure correct data inputs, appropriate assumptions, and best fit modeling techniques for high quality and relevant results.
- Talent Development | Lead a team - coaching/developing, setting priorities, and ensuring that their ongoing analyses are robust and relevant.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Economics, Marketing, Statistics or a related field. MS/MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on business reporting and analytics.
- Strong technical and analytical skillset required. Proficient in data wrangling and cleansing, optimization, simulation, and statistical analysis (e.g., hypothesis testing, experimental design)
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, develop hypotheses, apply relevant techniques, and perform rigorous analyses quickly and consistently.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to communicate complex concepts as high-impact presentations to senior and business audiences.
- Proven record of collaborating with and delivering results across cross-functional teams, with superb teamwork skills and the capacity to manage several concurrent tracks of work against aggressive timelines. Propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented manner
- Experience, interest, and adaptability to working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Expert skill level in tools for data wrangling (e.g., SQL, Snowflake), statistical analysis (e.g., R, STATA), forecasting and machine learning (e.g., SAS, R, Python), and visualization/communications (e.g., Excel, Tableau, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools quickly and independently.
- Strong written and verbal communicator with a demonstrated ability to network, influence and inspire
- Familiarity with Nike product types and how they are marketed and distributed to accounts is strongly preferred