The Analytics & Data Director is responsible for developing and implementing a technology strategy and roadmap to materially advance Hallmark’s analytics capabilities that drive actionable business insights. This person will interact with IT senior leadership, select Hallmark executives, business analytics teams and vendor partners to develop a plan that emphasizes continual advancement of business intelligence, advanced analytics, and data science with an ultimate goal of enabling Hallmark’s businesses to drive incremental revenue and reduce costs based on data-driven insights. This person will lead a team of data engineers directly and will be expected to influence and enable business analytics groups within Hallmark to document present capabilities, establish a compelling vision, and drive towards this vision.
The role responsibilities include:
- Establishes the strategy and oversees the development and improvement of the future state analytics technology platforms and capabilities while ensuring the technology direction aligns with the business strategy
- Collaborates and partners with business, analytic community, and IT stakeholders to create and endorse a roadmap for optimizing data management and analytics capabilities. Applies expert-level understanding of modern and legacy data management, business intelligence and analytics technologies, platforms and architectures with understanding of the critical business implications.
- Identification and objective assessment of the skillsets necessary to continuously progress to the future state. Development of the staff to incorporate those skills. Lead a team and provide appropriate day to day coaching and management.
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
- Minimum of 5 years of data science/data engineering/analytics work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as an IT/data developer, analyst, and/or architect.
- Minimum of 3 years people management and workforce skills development.
- Minimum of 3 years of business partner engagement and management.
- Demonstrated understanding of Hallmark’s business.
- Experience building and deploying statistical models
- Experience in operationalizing data pipelines in support of data science initiatives
- Proficient in data design, visualization and building as well as developing & reporting KPI’s
- Technology experience in data warehousing, leveraging external data (e.g., vendor, purchased, etc.) and big-data platform implementation
- Strong leadership, influence and decision-making skills
- Strong critical thinking skills