Analytics Consultant / Sr. Consultant - Big Data
Analytics Consultant / Sr. Consultant – Big Data
EXL (NASDAQ:EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that helps businesses enhance growth and profitability in the face of relentless competition and continuous disruption. Using our proprietary, award-winning Business EXLerator Framework™, which integrates analytics, automation, benchmarking, BPO, consulting, industry best practices and technology platforms, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 24,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), Latin America, Australia and South Africa.
EXL Analytics provides data-driven, action-oriented solutions to business problems through statistical data mining, cutting edge analytics techniques and a consultative approach. Leveraging proprietary methodology and best-of-breed technology, EXL Analytics takes an industry-specific approach to transform our clients’ decision making and embed analytics more deeply into their business processes. Our global footprint of nearly 2,000 data scientists and analysts assist client organizations with complex risk minimization methods, advanced marketing, pricing and CRM strategies, internal cost analysis, and cost and resource optimization within the organization. EXL Analytics serves the insurance, healthcare, banking, capital markets, utilities, retail and e-commerce, travel, transportation and logistics industries.
Please visit www.exlservice.com for more information about EXL Analytics.
- Work as big data engineer and Hadoop developer
- Emphasis is on end-to-end delivery of analysis and guiding junior staff
- Contribute to how analytical approach is structured for specification of analysis
- Contribute insights from conclusions of analysis that integrate with initial hypothesis and business objective. Independently address complex problems
- Participate in design of analysis and modeling approach with managers and modelers
- Extremely comfortable working with data, including managing large number of data sources, analyzing data quality, and pro-actively working with client's data/ IT teams to resolve issues
- Use variety of analytical tools (SAS, CART, SPSS, Python etc.) and techniques (regression, logistic, GLM, decision trees, machine learning, artificial intelligence etc.) to carry out analysis and drive conclusions
- Reformulate highly technical information into concise, understandable terms for presentations
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in economics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, operations research or related areas is preferred; candidates with BA/BS degrees from the top tier academic institutions are also welcome to apply
- 8+ years of experience
- 3+ Experience in Bigdata, Data warehouse / BI / ETL
- Implementation Experience
- Datawarehouse, SQL, RDBMS, ETL,
- Datalake implementation, ingestion frameworks
- Apache Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Sqoop, Oozie, Kafka, Flume, Hbase
- Spark streaming, Change data capture
- Programming / Scripting (Python, Java, Scala, Shell)
- Linux / Windows (Command line)
- Databases - DB2, Oracle, Teradata
- Code Management - Git/GitHub
- Experience in Cloudera , Hortonworks or MapR
- Excellent communication to narrate data driven insights and technical approach
- Strong analytical ability and communication skills
- Nice to have : Financial industry experience
- Strong record of achievement, solid analytical ability, and an entrepreneurial hands-on approach to work
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
What we offer:
- EXL Analytics offers an exciting, fast paced and innovative environment, which brings together a group of sharp and entrepreneurial professionals who are eager to influence business decisions. From your very first day, you get an opportunity to work closely with highly experienced, world class analytics consultants.
- You can expect to learn many aspects of businesses that our clients engage in. You will also learn effective teamwork and time-management skills - key aspects for personal and professional growth
- Analytics requires different skill sets at different levels within the organization. At EXL Analytics, we invest heavily in training you in all aspects of analytics as well as in leading analytical tools and techniques.
- We provide guidance/ coaching to every employee through our mentoring program wherein every junior level employee is assigned a senior level professional as advisors.
- Sky is the limit for our team members. The unique experiences gathered at EXL Analytics sets the stage for further growth and development in our company and beyond.
- ID 2018-5173