We’re hiring an Analytics Consultant- Senior, with a focus on Cost Accounting and Financial Modeling:
- To bring expertise to the transformational work currently underway at UW Health to substantially enhance and develop enterprise-grade cost accounting and financial systems, and related reporting and analysis capabilities to serve the entire health system.
- To develop new and innovative cost models, data resources, and tools to enable the health system to understand the financial impacts of initiatives to invest in new programs, reduce clinical variation, and increase operational efficiency.
- To build valuable state of the art analytic tools, including interactive dashboards, reports, datamarts, and other business intelligence capabilities to inform business development, strategic planning, and cost management activities.
- To perform complex data analysis, modeling and projections, with an emphasis on financial data- working with leaders across the enterprise in transforming data into critical insights, helping shape the organization’s priorities to increase value delivery.
You’ll enjoy being part of a supportive team in an open and flexible work environment, coupled with the opportunity for growth, development and advancement.
- Ability to bring together and analyze huge quantities of data to glean understanding and insight.
- Acumen for financial analysis.
- Passion to engage colleagues to drive analysis to action.
- Ability to think critically, learn continuously and share ideas.
Learn more about Enterprise Analytics at UW Health
Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Finance, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Data Science or related field. (Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.)
Preferred – Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Finance, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Data Science or related field strongly preferred.
Minimum - Five years relevant analytics experience
Preferred – Six (6) years database querying experience, Six (6) years of relevant data analysis or analytics experience in healthcare (provider or payor), including one or more of the following:
- Healthcare or business administration/development, strategic planning
- Cost accounting, finance, hospital operations analysis
- Performance measure development
- Code development using SQL or similar languages
- Organization, analysis and modeling of multiple unstructured data sources
License and Certifications:
Preferred - Epic certifications in any subject area
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to initiate and follow through on complex projects of both short and long-term duration.
- Proficient analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.