The Analytics Architect will work as member of the Commercial Digital Solutions Analytics team. This position with work with the latest cloud-based and on-premise Microsoft BI/DW solutions. This position is hands-on (does development) and provides technical leadership that will enhance the capabilities of the data warehouse environments used by our customers, field organization and back office associates. This position works closely with the business and the rest of the commercial digital solutions team to deliver value through Business Intelligence and analytics.
What’s in It for You:
- Opportunity to create a long-term career path based on your interests, skills and passion.
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology.
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety, sustainability, inclusiveness, and performance.
What You Will Do:
- Architect, design, build, implement, and maintain solutions to meet global business needs for the data warehouse and data mart environments using the Microsoft BI/DW stack
- Works with the Principle architect, BI director, and the business to define the architecture and strategy for BI/DW across the commercial digital solutions environment
- Provides technical direction to ETL developers, BI developers, and application developers to architect, design, and implement solutions
- Stays current on the technology, tools, and approaches in the BI/DW/Analytics/cloud space
- Solves complex problems and develops proofs of concept to validate ideas or technologies
- Works on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Creates and owns best practice standards and templates
- Helps support the system and troubleshoots system related issues
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Information Technology
- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology
- 5+ years of experience architecting, designing, and developing BI/Data Warehouse solutions using the Microsoft BI/DW stack (e.g. SQL DW, ADLS, HDInsight, SQL Server, ADF, SSAS tabular, Power BI, Azure)
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL, SQL stored procedures, Change data capture, and relational/multidimensional databases
- 5+ years of experience with data architecture/design in data warehouse and transactional environments
- 5+ years of experience working with BI tool architectures, functions, and features
- 3+ years of experience with Azure cloud development
- Experience with Big Data solutions such as HDInsight, data lakes, IOT, etc. and advanced analytics/data science
- Visa sponsorship is not provided for this opportunity
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Knowledge of service data and service-based businesses
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Strong problem-solving orientation
- Can manage multiple competing tasks/projects at the same time
- Strong team and customer service focus