The incumbent will partner with multiple customers across the Enterprise to provide more complex resolutions to analytics/data problems (i.e. descriptive statics, T testing, etc.) which require a study of situational factors, gathering information from several sources, and will provide reporting/analytic deliverables (i.e. tables, graphs, recommendations, etc.) in a consultative manner. Incumbent will confirm understanding of recommendation with customer, and determine business-focused deliverables following the consultative analytics workflow.
- Facilitate business requirements and define parameters of more complex analytic projects (i.e. linear models, Tableau visualization). The analyst will settle deliverables and deadlines with the customer, beginning to use negotiation and creativity in consultation with management wherever necessary.
- Research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of healthcare cost and quality data.
- Provide claims, provider and membership data in support of affordability, trend and utilization analytics.
- Devise process for producing deliverables from information stored in Horizon data warehouses or other sources. Select and utilize appropriate analytic tools for each analytic deliverable.
- Analyze data results from multiple information sources to ensure reporting and analytic requirements have been met. In addition, provide clear, concise and efficient summary analysis to customer.
- Follow department policies and procedures to ensure consistent utilization and cost reporting. Employs appropriate techniques to ensure data and result integrity. Maintains best practices in compliance with all Horizon policies and regulations including data security.
- Document work appropriately, including use of Analytic Plan/Timeline template for Analytic projects as appropriate.
- Prefers general health care knowledge.
- Requires proficiency with very large data sets and software/coding (i.e. SAS).
- Requires proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel including formulas, calculations and graphs).
- Require ability to make decisions to analytic/data problems that synthesize information from several sources into concrete actions/recommendations
- Requires analytical thinking ability.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential. Ability to express analytic thoughts clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing (to various audiences) is required.
- Requires customer-oriented focus.
- Requires familiarity with DB2, ORACLE, and MS SQL Server Syntax and their purposes.
- Requires general skill with MS Office (particularly in Excel and Access)
- Bachelors in Quantitative Field required (i.e. Analytics, Economics, mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Public Health, from an accredited college or university, etc.).
- MS/MA preferred.
- 3-5yrs experience; conducting complex analytics deliverables (i.e. Linear Models and more advanced independent Analytics).
- Managed Health Care or provider experiencepreferred, especially in roles that routinely have used financial and/or clinical data sources.
Job ID: RA092017-10402