FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow the world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
FMC Ag Solutions, Analytical Sciences is seeking Ph.D. Analytical Chemist candidates to support their crop protection business. A principle scientific background in separation science and mass spectrometry is desired for this role. In this role, key responsibilities are to design, develop and validate analytical methods and studies for the qualitative and quantitative assessment of agricultural pipeline products, their intermediates, metabolites and impurities. The scope of this role includes support for: process and formulations development, manufacturing of existing commercial and pipeline products, and defense the current product portfolio.
- Design, lead, conduct or coordinate, as GLP study director or study monitor, the overall process for required analytical studies to meet regulatory guidelines.
- Function as product and technology analytical focal point for multiple products, providing a single point of analytical contact for other R&D and business functions.
- Interface with business-wide internal customers to resolve product issues and transfer technology.
- Direct laboratory programs to develop quantitative and qualitative methods, including trace-level analyses and sample preparation protocols, for both pipeline and established products.
- Apply analytical chemistry solutions to solve customer problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Train, develop and supervise associate chemists in a way that enhances their knowledge, skills and capabilities in analytical chemistry.
- Know, understand and practice all aspects of laboratory safety and industrial hygiene protocols.
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects/programs and prioritize work to efficiently allocate resources to meet business needs.
Ph.D. degree in Analytical chemistry with concentration in at least one analytical discipline.
- Chromatography (HPLC, UHPLC, GC) and mass spectrometric techniques (LC/MS, GC/MS) preferred, broader separations technologies will be considered.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with other scientists, engineers and management at all levels.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Experience managing multiple demands in timeline driven environment;
- Hands-on method development experience in an industrial setting is highly desirable
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. FMC supports a drug-free workplace.