The Analytical Product Manager on the Insights & Analytics team will be responsible for defining working cross functionally to gather and document requirements which ultimately will dictate the Data Solutions strategy and roadmap for Wayfair’s Service organization as well as own the technical tools our organization uses to access that data. In addition to this work, this individual will be responsible for strategic planning for the data platforms supporting analytics within Wayfair (ex. Looker).
The individual in this role will be able to wield strong organizational and project management skills to connect effectively with Senior Leadership in different roles and generate clear and concise content that makes organization priorities clear. This individual will also have a basic knowledge of data structures in order to enable them to help scope and size work for their technical partners and generate BRDs for significant initiatives. The resulting products will serve as the backbone to a highly data-driven Customer Service organization.
What you will do:
- Become the subject matter expert for data solutions initiatives both ongoing and proposed in order to be the voice of data improvements throughout the Service organization.
- Use strong written and verbal communication skills to regularly interface with Senior Leadership up to L6 and both understand and document organizational needs in a way that can be translated to actional work for Data Solutions.
- Shepherd implementation of data tools within the Looker software platform consulting on both back end construction strategy and stakeholder-facing rollout management
- Possess strong critical thinking skills to understand the best approach to analytical tools given both an understanding of those tools capabilities, the back end infrastructure, and the needs of core stakeholders.
- Lead team(s) and develop best in class strategies and tactics that are grounded in data and insights.
- Leverage agile project management disciplines for planning and execution of analytics projects, including design, prototyping, rapid iteration, development, testing and deployment
- Proactively identify areas where advanced analytical efforts can produce a strong value add and incorporate them into the roadmap.
- Work with the team to develop big data platforms using SQL, Google Big Query (GBQ) and Hive.
- Use analytical and quantitative skills to work with large and complex datasets in GCP and big data platforms, analyze ill-defined questions, build decision-support tools, and develop recommendations to guide business decisions
- Work closely with data visualization & data solutions teams to enhance prototypes, build visualizations for executive level KPI reporting, and implement solutions in production environment
- Provide leadership on corporate initiatives by working with executives and acting as a thought partner with a cross functional leadership team.
- Manage and mentor associates and leaders; ensure the team is being challenged, exposed to new opportunities, and learning, while still being able to deliver on ambitious goals.
- Guide and provide feedback on prototype development by Analysts and Data Engineers, be a trusted source of data and insights for the business.
Who you are:
- Have 4+ years of experience in an analytical role
- Have 2+ experience and knowledge developing cloud based (GCP) data platforms to support self service analytics.
- Have 2+ years of experience in a BI product manager role
- Experience in developing enterprise level data visualization and deep-dive analytical tools using technologies such as Tableau, Power BI, Data Studio, Looker etc.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, complex, and innovative analytical solutions
- Experience working with Senior Leaders in a cross-functional setting
- Comfort with and understanding of data infrastructure design and development processes
- Passionate about solving complex business problems with an analytical, creative, and innovative approach
- Strong written and verbal communication and the ability to tailor messages to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative field (ex. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record)
- Masters Degree preferred but not required