To perform turbomachinery analysis related to design, and performance-related function of pumps and expanders within the product development, project and application engineering groups; including FEA, CFD, and RDS analysis and performance testing of rotating machinery. Assist in design and development of system components, such as pressure vessels, power and instrumentation system assemblies as necessary.
Will require temporary relocation to Sparks, NV for 6-12months of training, and travel to and from as needed.
- Predict initial equipment performance by engineering analysis and support design implementation through final confirmation by physical performance testing.
- Design and verify structural and pressure containing equipment by engineering analysis.
- Participate in root cause failure analysis and trouble-shooting.
- Detail product changes and advancements required to meet customer requests.
- Support technical service department (AMS) on technical issues for field equipment including discussions with customers from site.
- Coordinate engineering development activities and their management, often in conjunction with Ebara Japan.
- Provide technical analysis support to other departments as necessary.
- Attend technical meetings with customers as required to support technology.
- Oversee hydraulicdatabase and ensure the pump and expander selection software is current.
- Provide technical feasibility support to application engineering for curve review, particularly in the areas of performance of turbomachinery and overall design along with exceptions/deviations on the technical level.
- Execute computational analysis and prediction of performance to support project engineering in executing customer projects.
- Support the research and development of technical advancements in the EIC product line including but not limited to hydraulics, (expander and pump components), rotordynamics and structural design
- Support the Test Department with regards to equipment performance and required test requirements to establish to overall equipment acceptance. Assist in execution of product development charters.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3years working and/or educational experience in rotating machinery design and analysis, preferably in hydraulic components of turbomachinery for oil and gas industry, OR Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with 5years working experience in rotating machinery design and analysis, preferably in hydraulic components of turbomachinery for oil and gas industry
- Experience with industrial standards for design, performance, manufacturing and testing of turbomachinery.
- Knowledge of applicable domestic and international development codes
- Experience with analytical software for 3D modeling, FEA, CFD and rotordynamics, preferably proficient in Solidworks, ANSYS, Numeca, XLrotor and Excel.
- Detail-oriented with strong documentation and report skills, self-motivated and disciplined, good communication, organizational and time-management skills.