The ideal candidate will use his/her scientific curiosity, inventiveness and problem-solving skills to develop new test methods for the characterization of thermal interface materials. This position requires finding innovative uses for analytical equipment to study material properties, designing and building prototypes, leading growth of laboratory technical expertise, and maintaining andtroubleshootingtesting apparatus.
What we offer
- Develop, validate and document new test methods for raw materials and finished products characterization, and fundamental understanding of mechanism. Improve control of production samples through analysis, lead competitive product analysis and idea generation to differentiate Henkel products.
- Apply scientific and engineering principles to solve complex problems. Design test parts / fixturing, build prototypes and implement measurement solutions. Technical interface with customers to show how new products are meeting requirements of key product characteristics. Establish value proposition through innovative characterization.
- Select / set-up analytical equipment and define appropriate test for internal and external customers. Demonstrate competitive advantage of our products in Automotive, Industrial and Consumer Electronics applications.
- Bring new ideas and expand technical expertise. Utilize advanced methods and knowledge base to support product development projects and new application projects.
- Lead projects that require investigation of raw material characteristics, formulation and processing history using a variety of analytical instruments. Explain how they relate to final product structure and performance.
- Assess current test methods, identify gaps and improve or obtain buy-in for new equipment capital expense.
- Conduct hands-on analytical equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Prepare data package and technical reports. Present results, conclusions and recommendations to Henkel personnel and customers.
- Provide technical guidance to laboratory technicians and review data of work performed.
- Establish relationships and network within the Henkel technical community to increase knowledge of products and technical capability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who we are looking for
- BS in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Physical Chemistry or Physics is required. MS or PHD preferred.
- 4+ years of industrialexperiencerequired in analytical development relevant to the characterization of curing of thermosetting resin or wetting and compounding of particles in polymeric systems and highly filled materials with loading levels that are close to their maximum packing.
- Excellent track record for development of novel testing methods and uncovering relations between material structure and properties.
- Solid experience designing test apparatus and fabricating research equipment prototypes for material characterization with a preference for hands-on design and fabrication.
- Familiar with standard engineering software packages, specific knowledge of data acquisition, instrument control, test automation, analysis and signal processing, embedded system design and statistical analysis.
- Theoretical understanding of thermal management and heat transfer fundamentals. Strong knowledge base of soft solids and complex fluids.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills essential.