- Analyze samples from various sources to provide information on compounds or quantities of compounds present.
- Use analytical techniques and instrumentation, such as ICP, gas and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), ion chromatography, electro chromatography and spectroscopy (infrared and ultraviolet, amongst others).
- Interpret data (chromatograms and MS data) and meet strict guidelines on documentation when recording data.
- Report scientific results
- Develop techniques/methods for the analysis of raw materials and finished goods for colors and cosmetics.
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Liaise with customers, staff and suppliers.
- Be aware of, and keep up to date with, health and safety issues.
- Validate methods and equipment.
Education & Experience:
M.S. or PhD Degree in Chemistry with a minimum of 10 years of industry experience. Previous operations management experience is a plus. Proven troubleshooting record with emphasis in root cause analysis and cost/benefit evaluation. Must be willing to provide hands on support to troubleshoot and commission processes. Food / Pharmaceutical or other FDA regulated industry experience is a plus.