Analytical Chemist, Process Chemistry
We seek an enthusiastic, team oriented, problem solver to join our Process Analytical Chemistry group. The scientist will be responsible for developing and qualifying assays to support program goals in Process Development and Manufacturing. A key component of these activities is translating project goals into analytical methodologies and ensuring that the resulting assays are fit for purpose. The scientist will represent the analytics team on product development efforts by presenting data from assay development and qualification to internal and external customers, and preparing technical reports.
* Develop instrumental methods to characterize and quantify products and impurities in fermentation broth and purification streams.
* Develop sample preparation protocols to ensure assay selectivity and compatibility with instrumental methods.
* Scope and refine method requirements through close collaboration with all stakeholders using a statistical, data-driven approach.
* Quantitatively evaluate method performance against agreed upon requirements; document performance in method development reports.
* Prepare and review SOPs to document developed methods.
* Train stakeholders to run selected assays; review data obtained.
* Present and discuss results with stakeholders in formal and informal meetings; represent the capabilities, experimental approach, and impact of the team.
* Proactively identify and implement new ways of working and new technologies to increase efficiency, throughput, data quality, and to generate new relevant data types.
* Balance multiple program priorities and ensure deadlines are met.
* Interface with Quality team to support and enable external method transfer.
* Build relationships with customers and stakeholders.
* Ph.D. degree in analytical chemistry or related discipline. Previous experience working in an industrial setting is desired.
* 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
* Record of analytical capabilities in quantitative assay development and evaluation on multiple analytical platforms (such as LC, GC, MS, titration, spectroscopy).
* Strong command of general and organic chemistry principles and lab techniques.
* Knowledge of Quality by Design principles is desired.
* Ability to manage and manipulate large data sets to draw conclusions. Experience with DOE, Minitab, or similar statistical tools is desired.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write clear, concise reports and to present data to customers tailored to facilitate their understanding.
* Demonstrated ability in time-management and prioritization. Track record of project completion and on-time delivery.
* Energetic, highly self-motivated and able to work efficiently and productively to support rapid research efforts in the commodity and fine chemical industries.
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain stakeholder relationships.
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
* Committed to working safely.
* Embrace Amyris Core Values.