Medallion Labs is a division of General Mills that markets and provides analytical and microbiological testing, sensory and product performance evaluation, and shelf life testing services to the food industry.
Since 1974, we have served every company on the Forbes Top Food Companies list, making us a leader in the food industry. We consistently meet demands for fast turnaround and accuracy of results while maintaining our customers' expectations for quality, reliability, and flexibility. We are currently seeking an Analytical Chemist with expertise in measurement and methods associated with enzymes, dietary fiber, protein, moistures, vitamins, and other non-chromatography assays. In addition to these duties, this position will supervise a small team of three Analytical Technicians.
The Analytical Chemist will report directly to the Director of Medallion Labs.
- Create new or improved test procedures to meet business needs
- Provide technical review/sign off for all wet chemistry method revisions
- Collaborate with our ISO Quality Manager to monitor quality of our current wet chemistry methods
- Lead troubleshooting efforts and provide time-critical solutions to minimize down time
- Consult with various technical teams within our Technology Center as needed
- Consult with Medallion Laboratories external clients as needed
- Collaborate with other Medallion scientists to provide holistic consultation to measurement challenges
- Provide clear and timely communication on technical matters, method status, recommendations
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the Rapid Deployment lab team
- Work through the Rapid Deployment Lab Leader for any necessary daily direction
- Fully immerse in the General Mills Engaging Leader framework for managers of people
- Provide regular feedback and support for direct reports
- Annual performance management for direct reports, including assigning performance ratings
- Collaborate with other Medallion leaders to implement holistic talent strategies across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Biology or related field and 8+ yrs of related experience OR Master's degree and 5+ yrsof related experience required
- 3+ yrs experience in measurement and methods associated with enzymes, dietary fiber, protein, and other non-chromatography assays
- Experience with other instrumentation or wet chemistry techniques is a plus