Corteva Agriscience is seeking a Global Business Analytical Specialist to be located in Midland, Michigan. The candidate will have proven skills and a broad understanding of analytical methodologies and technology and their application to solving manufacturing problems. Proficiency in application of statistical analysis methods is preferred, and a broad knowledge of pesticide chemistries is a plus. The candidate provides technical leadership within the Quality-Analytical organization to ensure customer focus, develop expertise within the analytical team, and maintain the capability needed to effectively and efficiently support the analytical needs of our manufacturing plants, both internally and externally. The role requires the ability to communicate across global locations and with a diverse group of stakeholders and laboratory personnel.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Provide leadership in safety by setting the example to satisfy all safety and quality requirements.
- Perform complex analyses and interpret and report analytical data, or route samples to the appropriate service provider.
- Provide expertise for troubleshooting analytical methods and instruments.
- Develop and implement analytical and work process improvements per the global analytical strategy.
- Collaborate with a variety of people from different functions, multiple sites and disciplines across the company (R&D, Quality, Manufacturing).
- Provide method development, validation and method transfer to Quality Control labs - both internal and external.
- Lead interlaboratory method equivalency studies.
- Train others on analytical systems, technology, and work processes.
- Network with other technical personnel to stay current with analytical and process technologies and leverage technical solution(s).
- Evaluate new analytical capabilities.
- Develop basic understanding of applicable manufacturing processes and chemistries.
- Support root cause investigations (many times urgent) and join manufacturing problem solving teams where analytical expertise is needed.
- Support out-of-specification evaluations.
- Independently seek and identify project opportunities for analytical solutions to business problems.
- Lead project teams for various analytical initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of the Scientific Method (Define Research Problem, Literature Review, Define Hypothesis, Experimental Design, Conduct Experiment, Analyze Data, Generate Solutions, Implement Solutions and Document Results).
- Ability to use an organized and methodical approach to problem solving (e.g., Six-Sigma tools and processes).
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Good interpersonal skills and personal leadership.
- Self-Motivation / Self-Starter.
- Effective and contributing team member.
- Effective technical coach.
- Good prioritization and organization skills.
- Ability to interpret complex analytical results.
- Practical experience and breadth of knowledge in analytical chemistry.
- Practical knowledge of statistical data analysis
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- BS degree in analytical, organic chemistry, or other related field.
- 15+ years of experience
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Experience leading small groups
- PhD or MS with 10 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience in chromatographic method development (HPLC/GC) and quantitation.
- Experience with LC/MS or GC/MS quantitative techniques and spectral interpretation.
- Experience in spectroscopic techniques (IR, UV, NIR).
- An understanding of inorganic characterizations (XRF, ICP/AA, titrations) and its application to manufacturing problem solving is a plus.