Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Less than 5 years
Posted 8 days ago
Our client – an opportunistic, alternative asset management firm specializing in real estate debt investments – seeks a detail-oriented Quantitative Analyst. The company has recently opened a new fund in 2018 that is projected to reach between $750-800M. This position is a newly generated role that was created do to the additional work of this fund. The level of transaction volume is poised to significantly increase over the next 2-3 years as they grow their assets under management to $2B+. The culture is entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and deadline-driven, but is simultaneously collegial and close-knit. The senior executive team is cohesive and comprised of alumni from several of the top private equity and investment banks in the Washington, DC area. The company is based in downtown DC.
The Analyst will assist the team with the build-out of the data base, development of quantitative tools, automate data feeds, reporting and analysis. The desired candidate should have a strong aptitude for analytics and an ability to execute multiple responsibilities while maintaining a flexible attitude. This position provides the opportunity for maximum exposure in the company as well as hands-on experience. It is not uncommon that this candidate will be no stranger to data mining, research, and spreadsheets.
· 1-3 years of experience of a strong quantitative background.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in an analytical discipline such as information systems, finance, math, statistics, engineering or computer science.
· Well versed in Excel (Marcos, Queries, etc.).
· Experience with ETL process on SQLserver (writing tables and reporting).
· Ability to code in one or more languages VBA, C#/++, Python, R etc.
· High degree of organization. Possesses strong technical aptitude and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
· Strong communication skills.
· Career-motivated and desire to work in an entrepreneurial office setting
Compensation: A competitive package with an annual cash compensation package, including base and bonus.