Position Title: Analyst
Position Number: 269355
Location: Tempe, AZ
Desired Skill Set:
Content Management, Content Review, Document Review, Documentation, MS Access, MS Excel, Project Management, Requirements Gathering, SharePoint, VBA
Position Title: Enterprise Content/Document Management Analyst
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Tempe, AZ/Page, AZ
Enterprise Content Management / Document Management Analyst
In an effort to better organize information and ensure compliance with company information management practices, we are searching for a Document Management Analyst who will primarily focus on helping department personnel make decisions about paper documents that are stored in their department. Working together with department subject matter experts, the analyst will review, inventory, and analyze documents to make a recommendation about how the document should be stored: whether the documents should be kept in the department, sent to long term storage, sent through the company records disposition review process, or converted to an electronic format; these are the document disposition actions.
The Document Management Analyst may also perform functions necessary for organizing information in various electronic information management systems; such as SharePoint, OpenText, Sword Fusion & Cimage, Cumulus, and/or Organizational File Servers. In addition to these, there are various business systems that store information such as Maximo and SAP. The Document Management Analyst''s duties may include defining requirements regarding; how to configure and use company electronic document management systems to store, manage, and retrieve documents. This includes communicating requirements to document imaging systems personnel.
Primary Job Duties Include:
• Coordinate work sessions with department SME''s.
• Perform document inventories.
• Perform document analysis to determine the best action for each document type.
• Write, communicate, and make the case for the recommended disposition action for each document type.
• Document and file in a work management system the opportunities for information management improvement discovered during analysis that currently fall outside the current scope of work.
• Train department personnel:
o Document inventory
o Document analysis methodology
o Box transfer procedures
o Records retention and schedule
o How to prepare for each type of document disposition action
• Assist department personnel in preparing documents for the selected action.
• Perform follow-up communication to verify all agreed actions are taken.
• Track all determinations, actions, and statuses collectively across all departments.
• Provide statistics and status at regular intervals or as required by project manager.
• Assist department personnel in defining and opening subsequent information management projects as needed.
Other Job Duties May Include:
• Analysis of electronic documents and information
• Development of managed repository requirements supporting: Document Lifecycle Management, Records Management & Retention, and Document Retrieval including Search Use Cases and Facetted Views.
• Development of demonstration environments to demonstrate document management concepts to company personnel.
• Collaboration with document management system administration personnel to communicate managed repository requirements and consult in the development of repository.
• Experience gathering requirements at an enterprise level
• Has basic project management skills
• Is a self-starter who can work independently
• Can clearly communicate and present to groups of people
• Possesses good judgment and tact when trying to push a project forward
• Tracking and monitoring of assigned tasks progress and scheduling
• Reporting on project progress and supplying project status to project manager
• MS Office products especially text analysis and manipulation through MS Excel & Access formulas and VBA scripting
• Document Indexing (Marking & Classification)
o classification scheme and requirement development
o understands controlled vocabulary and reference data use
o development of classification metadata value lists
o taxonomy development including managed metadata (SharePoint term store)
• Content search and filtering including managed property, facet, and Boolean search techniques
• Develop faceted views for content repositories
• Naming convention and nomenclature standards development
• Understands SharePoint site collection, site administration
• Understands SharePoint list and library development including the use of Content Types and Document Sets
• Information security modeling
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.