O Fallon, MO
Less than 5 years
Posted 241 days ago
MasterCard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment.
Join the industry’s most passionate, motivated & engaged global team - Our employees are encouraged to drive innovation every day in support of a more connected world – A World Beyond Cash.
How does the work we do in ADS/DW contribute to Mastercard’s Overall Vision?
• Our goal is to create and maintain an UNASSAILABLE DATA ASSET
• Transaction data is the reason the Information Services business was funded as a key corporate growth strategy
• The data is both a by-product of the payments business and a unique and valuable asset
• Highly predictive of what people will buy
• Fresh data with low latency
• Data is the raw material of which are products are built
• Any upstream anomalies, gaps or inaccuracies in the data flow through downstream, impacting the quality of products and services
What is the purpose of the position?
• This position will provide the expertise needed to capture and report success factors for our area.
• Metrics gathering and reporting will provide our partners a view into the quality we have or the areas where we need to enhance our data.
• Promote our success through measurement.
Are you a Fit for this position?
• Do you love measuring success?
• Have you developed any tracking tools to help others drill into details?
• How do you respond when someone poses the question – How did you arrive at your conclusion?
• Do you enjoy working with local, regional, global resources?
Partner with business owners to understand new business opportunities and define the business and functional requirements related to measuring return on investment and successful implementations. Deliver high quality business and functional requirements to the development teams for the purpose of completing the design, coding, testing, and implementation phases of the project life cycle.
Provide ongoing technical expertise and support to the development lifecycles of MasterCard products and ancillary applications. Focus may be on core and/or non-core products and in various stages of the overall project cycle. Close partnership with Business Analysis and the technology teams to ensure that business and functional requirements are aligned appropriately with MasterCard Technologies. Will have strong working knowledge of MasterCard applications and systems.
Accountabilities will include some but not necessarily all depending upon specific role:
•Act as liaison between the business and technical teams in such areas as data quality, merchant analysis, help desk support, compliance and government regulations, audits and controls and report definition and creation.
•Define, develop and report Metrics associated to the ADS/DW processes for Data Integration, Data Quality and Data Enhancement.
•Provide technical analysis of product or application hardware and software to ensure that business and functional requirements can be met
•Provide technical support to Business Owners during implementation of new products/services
•Provide subject matter expertise for support escalations
•Lead the development of conceptual designs and mocking up screens
•Prioritize and identify cross application/system enhancements
•Determine development impacts to current processing and work with programmers and users to ensure accuracy of enhancements
•Develop and execute complex test plans
•Perform analysis of system requirements and work closely with developers
•Create design considerations that assists team with front-end changes
•Lead review sessions of technical requirements
•Manage defect resolution process
•Facilitate JAD sessions
•Document and coordinate audit controls and PCI requirements Other aspects of this role that may occur depending upon the specific functional area: Web Application:
•Define and implements tagging measurement strategies to all MasterCard to measure success of its digital effort SEQ Analyst:
•Work with business and development team to define needs, plan and optimize our web properties for Search Engine Optimization Data Analyst:
•Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems, Finance or Accounting or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
Knowledge / Experience:
•3 – 5 years experience in related field
•Strong technical knowledge and capability
•Demonstration of MC Core Competencies