Purpose of the Analyst Sr., HRIS Position: The Human Resource Information System (HRIS) Analyst supports and maintains the HRIS in addition to other systems supported by and/or integrated within the HR electronic system. The HRIS Analyst serves as a technical point of contact for assigned functional areas and assist subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows of process improvement opportunities. Supports HRIS upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as needed.
Essential Duties of Position:
- 20%: System Maintenance – Test, review, and implantation of HRIS system updates or patches. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application upgrades or fix. Maintain HRIS system tables; document process and results.
- 20%: Production Support – Support for HRIS including, but not limited to, researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements. Train; develop user procedures, guideline and documentation; develop and train new processes/functionality and new system users; document training materials for reference.
- 20% Projects/Process Improvement – Recommend process improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation; serve as a key liaison with third parties and other stakeholders; use project management skills in managing projects and provide overall project management for a given HRIS initiative.
- 20%: Reports/Queries – Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools; develop standard reports for ongoing business needs; maintain data integrity in system s by running queries and analyzing data.
- 20%: Individual Development – Remain current of trends in HRIS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies; examine trends in information systems training, material and techniques; participate in user group meetings/conferences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT industry best practices such as ITIL.
- Strong ability in discerning and resolving the root cause of problems in complex environments
- Strong ability in analyzing impacts of changes on systems and taking the necessary steps to ensure successful implementation.
- Knowledgeable of client/server software environments, database fundamentals, SQL, and reporting tools.
- Understanding of HR process and data, enrollment rules, hiring practices, and benefit procedures.
- Strong understanding for HRIS database design, structure, functions, and processes and experience with database tools.
- Experience with Oracle or other HRIS a plus.
- Outstanding client facing presentation and communication skills
- Ability to directly manage the work of design and technical resources as required
- Ability to influence/manage team members without a direct report chain
- Must be technically astute, highly organized and have a reputation for meeting deadlines and budget commitments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly in the ability to communicate with, and understand the needs of, non-technical clients are essential. Instinctively senses issues and opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a dynamic, complex and rapidly changing environment
- Must have the ability to successfully interact and collaborate with senior management, colleagues, business partners, customers, contractors, team members, vendors, technical staff
- Must be able to reconcile divergent demands and prioritize individual workload across the team
- Must be able to function autonomously on assigned projects with minimal direction
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills and troubleshooting abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite to include Project, Word, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated proficiency in Data Analytics
- Testing lead experience with varying types of projects system conversions, development, and systems integration
- Ability to create and execute business analysis plans, test plans, and test scripts and then work with the team to execute those plans
- Quality Center experience including planning, creating and executing test cases
- Full facilitation and participation in sessions with the key client stakeholders up to the Senior Management level
Experience required for the Analyst Sr., HRIS position:
- Minimum of six (6) years diverse business experience, preferably focused in Human Resources, business or IT background.
- Project and communications experience is a plus especially with IT project experience.
- Experience working in a HRIS systems environment highly valued; experience with Oracle HCM, ADP and Taleo preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- In addition to minimum experience required, a combination of relevant work experience and education sufficient to perform the duties may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- IT certifications specific to company products and/or the industry are highly valued.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) preferred.