8 - 10 years
Posted 149 days ago
Analyst Sr, Change Management will participate in the controls and lifecycle of all changes. Objective will be to enable beneficial changes to be made with minimum disruption to the company services.
Develop organization and maintenance of the Change Management program as well as monitor, report and improve the company’s internal notification processes specifically around outages.
Position’s Customer(s): GCI Management, Network Services Users, and Internal GCI Customer Support groups, SOC, project managers, business analysts, business test teams, application developers, web administrators, conversion specialists, production support, infrastructure, service desk as well as occasional contact with various other Network Services and IT business units.
Essential Duties of Position for all Levels:
• Coordinate and integrate Change Management activities and processes, including communications to key stakeholders and specialists, into a project plan that will be followed.
• Track, communicate, coordinate and report on processes specifically around outages.
• Asses the change impact and complete an assessment using risk mitigation tactics. Recurring reports to business customers and managed services.
• Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities. Assist in data collection and analysis.
Job Qualifications at all Levels:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Understand and apply structured methodology to change management activities.
• Analyze process needs, requirements, work habits, and network conditions that would merit changing established processes.
• Work well within multiple business units throughout the company and management.
• Reports and metrics as they relate to data related to outages.
• Work well with all levels of the business and resolve conflict.
• Actively seek out information from other teams to effectively build plans at a tactical and strategic level
• Prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines, take the initiative and work independently in a very fast-paced environment.
Knowledge and Experience:
• The change management process; e.g. ITIL, CoBIT, CMM, COSO.
• Change management principles, methodologies and tools.
• A multi-tier, production Telecommunications and IT environment.
• Planning and problem solving and the project management process.
• MS Reporting Services report creation tool (preferred).
Communication Skills: Create clear and easily understood written documentation for a variety of audiences, including department leads, business analysts and non-technical end users. Use of clear written communications is a must. Take initiative to communicate amongst teams, including remote team members. Strong attention to detail with excellent active listening skills.
People and Self-Management Skills: Build and maintain effective working relationships with leadership, peers, customers and vendors. Work to resolve problem relationships directly. Take initiative and seek out opportunities. Assess and accept risks and learn from mistakes.
Customer Service Skills: Provide a professional level of service to internal customers. Take ownership and accountability of problems and facilitate finding a solution, involving other groups as necessary. Promote the image of the TAC as a service provider within the company.
Additional Job Requirements: This is a senior level position that is required to provide functional leadership, oversight, and mentoring. Requires advanced working knowledge and expertise in area of responsibility and department policies/procedures.
This position will function as the subject matter expert requiring the ability to perform highly complex or unique special work assignments under deadlines and operating constraints. Will drive the development, organization and maintenance of the department’s Change Management program as well as monitor, report and improve processes specifically around maintenance events.
Additional Job Qualifications:
• Establish internal quality assurance program and processes.
• Coordinate and run outages across the different departments of Network Services.
• Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress.
• Utilize MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint and Office suite.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Administering and managing testing and development tools.
• Software Development.
• Relational database management.
• Infrastructure and Networking management.
• Hands-on test planning, test case writing, results reporting, and consistent application of structured testing methods.
• Creating and making formal presentations and conducting training.
· Minimum seven (7) years of progressively responsible work in a production IT environment performing software development, back-office production operations, service desk, infrastructure, and/or project-related activities.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Telecommunications or related field is required.
· In addition to minimum experience required, a combination of relevant education and/or work experience sufficient to perform the duties of the job may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
· Certifications: Industry specific certification to this position would be highly valued and can contribute to education requirements.