The Business System Analyst will review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs. The incumbent performs functional analysis, requirements definition, SAP modules and other systems configuration and testing. The role will document requirements, define scopes and objectives, along with formulating systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Communicates and collaborates with external/internal customers and stakeholders to analyze information and business needs to deliver functional and technical requirements to applications development teams along with business solutions to the company
- Identifies business process best practices and suggests process improvements
- Responsible for conducting prototypes, developing functional specifications, data mapping, function mapping, setting of configuration tables and setting of transaction/ control tables
- Leads evaluation and implementation of process improvements including needs analysis, scope definition and test plan development and execution
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, data and workflow analysis
- Assists in security/ authorization set-up, user documentation, data interface design, data migration and reconciliation
- Ensures that all deliverables are completed in accordance with Project Management direction; clearly and frequently communicate the status
- Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Investigates processes and identify root cause problems
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Acts as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements
- Designs details of automated systems
- May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems
- Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced Business Systems Analysts and monitors them in software development methods, process, and implementation.
- Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another related field
- 8-12 years of related experience with applications development experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with organization and time management skills
- Ability to learn, demonstrate and apply knowledge of the business over to solutions and processes
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.