This position resides in the Auto Finance - Data Infrastructure group within Ally and supports various internal business functions in automating, optimizing, and developing data repositories. This includes change management, data governance, data organization and communication to stakeholder partners. The role requires this information be presented in a variety of formats to multiple audiences.
Considering applicants at the Analyst (3G) and Sr. Analyst (3F) level.
- Develop and maintain self-service reporting solutions and/or automated solutions
- Use SQL as main tool for data preparation: extracting, cleansing, aggregation and summarizing data to create meaningful visualizations
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of data by creating automated testing scripts
- Participate in the design and implementation of logical and physical data models
- Review proposed production changes to ensure highest quality data standards and lowest production impact
- Navigate, understand, and leverage existing complex data structures for reporting
- Addressing user questions concerning data integrity
- Monitoring performance and communicating functional and technical issues proactively
- Interact with senior management, department leaders and other employees to develop and reach agreement on reporting requirements and priorities
- Experience in designing and implementing custom reporting and visualizations using BI tools ( Power BI, SAS, etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or other computer technical fields of study.
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of:
- Scripting/Query Languages: Python, SQL, SAS, DAX (a plus)
- Data platforms: Hadoop, Oracle, Snowflake
- MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving skills.
- Aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and research methods.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work flow.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment.