Job Summary: The Analyst’s main focus will be providing analytical expertise to Medicare Risk Adjustment and Stars Ratings and support quality improvement initiatives.
This position will be responsible for identifying and quantifying key drivers for the Risk Adjustment and Stars programs, investigating areas of opportunity, evaluating effectiveness and making recommendations. The incumbent will be relied upon to apply business knowledge to Analytics projects and provide value-added insights to impact business outcomes. The Analyst will work cooperatively with various internal Prominence departments and will interact with peers at UHS facilities and third party vendors.
The Analyst is expected to exhibit independent decision-making and critical thinking skills. The application of sophisticated analytical capabilities and tools is required. The incumbent must be comfortable to work with tight deadlines, minimal direction, and shifting priorities.
The Analyst’s role will be extracting data from multiple data sources, analyzing and reporting. This will require the ability to interpret the internal customer’s needs or situation and create an applicable solution. The Analyst will work across multiple business units and will be tasked with duties which bridge the gap between Information Technology and business objectives, by partnering with various stakeholders to develop requested data and reports. This position will also be responsible for providing analytics, recommendations and business support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Health Economics/Analytics/Statistics or related field
- 3-5 years of Health plan or Healthcareexperience
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of SQL for data retrieval purposes
• Excellent report writing ability and analytics. Experience with SSRS is preferred
• Familiarity with relational databases
• Experience analyzing health plans claims data
• Experience with data warehouse platforms and tools
• Ability to work long and flexible hours as needed
• Enjoys working in both individual and team settings
• Must be able to work independently; providing management with status updates
• Multi-task; establish priorities
• Self-starter, Resourceful and able to execute projects in a fluid and fast paced environment
• Good organization, management, and reporting skills