As America's oldest clothing retailer, Brooks Brothers has a long history of creating long-term relationships with both our Customers and our Associates. With more than 260 stores throughout the United States and Canada and more than 200 locations abroad, we continue to grow the brand with a respect for our heritage and a vision for the future.
The diversity of our operations has recently created an opportunity for a Retail Systems Analyst in our Enfield, CT location. This role will be a primary resource for production support during business hours and on a rotating on call basis as needed. Need to be able to trouble shoot issues, review log files and provide quick solutions. This role will interact with other team members onsite, offshore, and with key vendors. This role will also participate in some design sessions for new project requirements and provide technical design documents and mapping documents. This role may require some travel during system installation and requirement gathering or to knowledge transfer with our Offshore Team.
- Interact with the production control team on production issues and resolve them in a timely manner within the SLA
- Understand current business flows, processes, architecture and leverage that in designing and developing new interfaces.
- Mentoring Offshore resources to troubleshoot, monitor process and deployment of new code, files.
- Part of the development team in implementing new solutions to the store systems
- Applying patches, upgrades in development environment
- Development of custom reports/Queries using SQL Query
- Develop Test Scripts and test prior to any changes made in Production
- Development of custom reports
- Reviewing of error logs and maintaining system health and environments that supports the retail solutions
- Accessible/ on call to support during onsite hours when offshore is not working.
- Perform the installation of Build in lab, validate new store Build process/ registers
- Review the errors reported on Payment systems, debug and provide resolution
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in gathering requirements with Clients.
- Experience working on production support and on call
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in programming with MS SQL or Oracle
- Mentoring small 2 to 3 team members
- Good communication/interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Java, HTML, batch scripting
- Knowledge of any packaged application
- BS Degree or higher
- Excellent Communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the Retail IT environment.
- Knowledge of any POS systems
- Knowledge of back office applications and Payment systems
- Knowledge of Oracle Micros Retail or similar application
- Knowledge of VeriFone and Point to Point encryption