AMERISAFE is seeking a detail-oriented, productivity driven professional to add to our “Excellence Team” based in DeRidder, La. If you love working with people, want to work for an award-winning company who is known throughout the insurance industry for its high ethics and integrity, and if you want to be a member of a winning team, then the Analyst/Programmer 2 position is for you.
AMERISAFE offers an entry level targeted salary and full benefits package and much more. AMERISAFE has been named to Ward’s 50 for the last nine years. In 2012, AMERISAFE made Forbes list of most trustworthy companies and ranked third in shareholder return by a New York investment house.
We pride ourselves on our employee engagement strategy and boast of many tenured employees across 30 states. In short, employees stay with us because of who we are and what we do – exceptional people providing workers’ compensation for working people. If you’re looking for a career, and not just a job, then AMERISAFE is where you want to be.
AMERISAFE is an equal opportunity employer and supports the veterans of the armed services. We pride ourselves on an inclusive and diverse workplace that honors the talents and abilities of all.
AMERISAFE Workers' Comp For Working People
This position will have responsibility within the IT department for analyzing, planning, coding and documenting software systems and technology solutions in support of business objectives.
- Serve as a role model for diversity and inclusion, supporting the AMERISAFE pillars
- Participate in and support a highly collaborative development environment
- Support IT teams in troubleshooting and repair of problems with new and legacy software systems and other technology solutions
- Conduct requirements gathering and documentation through investigation of existing software systems, observation of current business processes and interviews with company staff
- Analyze, plan, design, develop, code and debug new software systems as well as enhancements to legacy systems according to specified requirements
- Plan and/or support all aspects of testing to provide solutions that meet business requirements with minimal defects and minimal resulting downtime
- Provide technical, testing and user documentation in support of long term maintenance, defect reduction and use of software solutions
- Identify and reportrisks and evaluate opportunities associated with software systems and other technology solutions
- Support and adhere to established IT and Company policies, procedures, standards and controls
- Assist senior development staff in pursuit of development objectives
- Relevant BS/BA degree and at least four years of work experience in software system analysis and development
- Experience in understanding, capturing and documenting technical and functional system requirements to meet business needs and expectations
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and constructively with IT teams including development, quality, support and infrastructure, to produce high quality software products
- Experience with multiple application and database development toolsets and methodologies; especially Microsoft technologies
- Experience with software development life cycle concepts, practices, techniques and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff, co-workers, management and external personnel
- Excellent analytical, interpretive, problem-solving and evaluative skills for decision making
- Excellent organizational, reporting and time management skills
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation and attitude
- Demonstrated ability in creative thinking, self-direction and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Willing to work extended hours and weekend and travel occasionally